S.E. Florida Bike Night 03/25/2010 "an invite"...

JINKSTER

I Love my Wife!
Donating Member
Registered
Hey there fellow floridian busa bretheren...just wanted to inform that there's a bike night in old downtown Fort Pierce, FL every thursday night but on the 25th of this month?...two buds of mine from the machine shop i work at have a band called "Broken City" and they are booked to play the fort pierce bike night 2 thursdays from now on the 25th from like 6:00-10:00...it's a pretty cool time...right down by the city marina and they cordon off a full 2 blocks or so on ald downtown mainstreet...sidewalk beer vendors..several bars..booked bands and danc'in in the street.

I've personally jammed with both the bassist (Lee Taylor) and the lead guitarist (Marky Thunder)...both are extremely accomplished and well known musicians and they've recently aquired one he11 of a drummer with a killer set of free standing racks cymbals and all named Tony and they also have a dedicated lead singer and rythem guitarist both of whome aren't too shabby at all..very good in fact...genre?...metal/big hair cover band ala judist priest, ozzy, metallica and the like...lotsa bikes and a good time..and wouldn't mind a slew of h.org busa bretheren show up..i'll even introduce ya'll to the band during breaks...share some time/laughs and hear some great music while i watch the babage dance in the streets.

Hope ta cya there and L8R, Bill. :beerchug:

I'll try.
In 30 mins of riding today I saw two Busas here local ?
Has to be some other orggers here in PB county ?

I'll try.
In 30 mins of riding today I saw two Busas here local ?
Has to be some other orggers here in PB county ?

yeah...i'm see'in alot up my way as well but the vast majority i speak to?...never even heard or knew of h.org until i fill'em in...then?..even after most promise to "check it out as soon as they get home"?...damn few if any seem to actually "participate" by regestering, logging in and/or post'in anything up...i don't get it...it didn't usta be that way cause a decade or so ago?..me being a very active member of the ZRXOA and then a couple years later the FZ1OA?..about 90% of the folk i spoke to and informed would have a 100 posts to their name by the time they joined me for the next sunday morn'in group ride and everything was like :cheerleader: :thumbsup: :beerchug:

maybe it was just the times...things seemed better somehow...it was all new....to everybody...as for the first time?..the net brought everybody together...for the first time...and especially with the ZRX crew of old school hooligans?..the re-release of kawi's legendary eddie lawson RR was like an adrenaline shot to what seemed to be an extremely specific and targeted group/nich'e of folk...and stereotypically?..your average REX owner was a 40'ish-50'ish madman on 2 wheels who'd been riding (in many instances "racing") all his post-pubecent years and managed to survive themselves long enough to face their next lifes challenge...go'in through a mid-life crisis on a brand new bike that just the mention of stirred their very soul...only better...in every way...better handling...waaaaay more powerful and gutsy down low...and commonality amidst all was a trip...all loved riding hard all day and partying hard all night...all loved the same music..lived the same blue collar lifestyles with a surprisingly high percentage of'em who made their livings as either professional mechanics or machinists and precision sheet metal fabricators..it was a pretty special time...one that reminising about always brings a smile to my face each and everytime i think about it...we were like brothers...and sisters...(no..not like that)..just cool wives and girlfriends and?..even their children were cool...with the majority of'em..extremely skilled riders who were more than able to compensate for the deficiencies of the then waaay overpowered for it's old school twin downtube steel frame "Flexi-Flyer" eddie lawson race replica...annnnd?...

at just the mention of a posted group ride?...20 of'em would come out of the woodwork with less than a weeks notice...now what i wanna know is..

what's happening here?...has the net finally lost it's premier debut attraction amidst sportbikers?...or?...does the busa attract such a diverse group and appeal to so many folk that few of us truely have much shared intrests in common?...stage fright?...fear of meeting or riding with new people?...or?...

have times gotten so rough that common folk just don't have time for this BS anymore?

whta's going on?..is Blanca the only "Busa Rider" in S.E. Florida?

i don't get it...l8r, bill. :cool:

Back