RutRo.. Senate scandal snares Obama’s chief aide

Mr Bogus

Trouble Makers Inc.
Donating Member
Registered
Senate scandal snares Obamas chief aide

(Contrary to Obamas "we knew nothing" statements... Well he sort of corrected himself during the press conference... "we... errr I did not know anything"

Poll is pretty revealing...

Nearly Half Think Obama Team Was Involved In Blago Scandal

As I recall, he was the guy for "Transparency" in govt.... I can hardly wait to see how this all turns out... (has not affected his ratings as of yet, still sitting about 65% on the approval ratings)

Rezko appears to be rolling over as well.... trying to get off a bit easier on his prison term, he is talking (wonder how long he lives?)

Last edited:
I'm keeping a close watch on this one, especially since I'm from IL

You think it is interesting that Rezko is talking, wait til Blago starts singing. Or better yet wait til they tie his wife up in this as well since she is in real estate and has already been tied to Rezko and the Rezko/Obama property deal. Harris, Blago's right hand man that was arrested same day Blago was has already resigned. What does this mean? It most likely means he is cooperating with the feds and will sing nicely as well.

And for those that think this is blown out of proportion or that the feds don't have much on Blago let me add this thought as I've worked and built some federal cases. Also have had some federal cases that the US Atty would not take up and charge even though they were great cases. The feds would not have stepped out and arrested a sitting governor and his right hand man UNLESS they have a very, very good case that they KNOW they can win.

This will snowball and take out some big players in Chicago politics and reach to othe places as well before it is all over. It will take time and this will be ongoing for years to come. It will be a cloud over the whole Obama presidency.

yep its startin to get interesting thats for sure...i noticed that obama almost said he had no contact WHATSOEVER with Blago a few days ago when the story first broke, then cleaned it up and stated that his office has had no contact with Blago...then Rahm dissapeared and has been quite for once...i think he was in chicagoland gettin his story straight...now i see that the FBI has 21 taped phone conversations where Rahm was talking to the Blago about obamas' seat...well, well, well, is this that change he was talkin about? ...this is gonna blow up i think after some suspects start singin and make deals with the Feds.

Last edited:
Couldn't be! Barack Osama is the President that will save us all!

Yah, right! We're in for one sad future with the current cast of characters.

Isn't this just politics the old fashioned Chicago way. These guys are stupid and would have gotten caught even if they did pull it off. It didn't even take real detective work to bring em down if Lamb is understandidng the story right. :rofl:Real brain surgeons:rofl:

I've been doing some digging and have come up with some interesting stuff regarding pay to play here in IL. It's long and lengthy and has to do with some of the players here in the southern part of IL. I'm still looking at a few things and when I pull it all together I'll explain it in a bit more detail

You had to KNOW this was coming...right?

I had Blago pegged for what is just now becoming public the first time I ever met the guy when he was still campaigning for his first term. And no I didn't go to see him, he showed up here where I work.

So yes, I and many others knew he was corrupt. What is funny is how so many seem to be shocked by this. Please, if you didn't know this guy was corrupt by the end of his first term you just weren't paying attention!

welcome to IL politics (and i think we all know who just came out of here)...i thought it was bad enough when i lived in MS but those guys were small time players compared to the crooks up here!

Interesting thing to note here in IL. The state representative for my area, Kurt Granberg, has been a big supporter of the Blago administration. His term was up this year and he decided to not run again. Rumor was he was going to get a state job appointed by the gov.

Two weeks before the end of his term he resigned. Why two weeks before? Because it was time to vote to impeach Blago. By resigning he did not have to go on record with his vote.

Now after Blago is impeached, Blago appoints him to be the head of IDNR, IL Dept of Natural Resources. Mind you this guy has no background to qualify him to be head IDNR.

If you read the above story link where Blago got over $40K after a state trip you will find that the special meeting where the money was raised was to discuss IL coal. Kind of interesting as now it has come to light that one of Blago's big money supporters is also bank rolling three coal mines in the area and it was at that person's corporate office where the meeting took place. A news story a couple days ago stated the only thing left to get construction rolling is obtaining permits through the Office of Mines and Minerals.

Now take Granberg into consideration in all of this. The same person who has donated big $ to Blago has also donated considerably to Granberg. Part of IDNR is the Office of Mines and Minerals. So if Granberg is confirmed by the senate he will have control over Office of Mines and Minerals as well. How conveinient is that?

you know the really exciting part is Obama is putting all his buddies in positions of power now... all the high quality people of his political arena are now going to go to the big top!! YA!

Back