Rush 2112

Robot

Donating Member
Registered
When I was 18 years old, I learned to play(Guitar), and learned approximately 65% of this 20+ minute Musical Science Fiction Story.

I have recently found renewed interest and am now at approximately 95% of the song.

Wikipedia link:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/2112_(album)

Somethings are timeless and brilliant :thumbsup:

Any Comments?

200px-Rush_2112.jpg

Great stuff!

While I love Rush from all era's, I never learned any of their stuff. Hats off for taking on 2112!

"We are the priests of the temple of Syrinx!" :guitar:

Great stuff!

While I love Rush from all era's, I never learned any of their stuff. Hats off for taking on 2112!

For some reason, I have always had a knack for RUSH stuff, usually learn it pretty quick, even compared to easier stuff. RUSH is often not as technical as it sounds.

I put a 10 minute Medley together using parts of the following:

Finding my way
Spirit of the Radio
Limelight
La Villa Strangiato
Red Barchetta

Rush!!! I didn't think anybody else knew about them...and killer takin' on the guitar thing, Robo! I've got one, know a few chords, couple of songs, haven't ever developed it but love music!! Good one, bro! :thumbsup: :beerchug:

(Don't take all my negative NRA comments personal. I recognize there's neccessary evil everywhere. :whistle: )

For some reason, I have always had a knack for RUSH stuff, usually learn it pretty quick, even compared to easier stuff. RUSH is often not as technical as it sounds.

I put a 10 minute Medley together using parts of the following:

Finding my way
Spirit of the Radio
Limelight
La Villa Strangiato
Red Barchetta

Right on! Hmmm...do I detect the baby steps of a tribute band? :whistle::beerchug:

Rush is probably the most consistently amazing musical group in recent history.

What, 20 studio albums in the last 30something years and they've never been disappointing?

I don't think there's another group in the world that can make that claim.

I mean every single time they put a new album out I think, "ok...THIS one won't be any good. I know I said that about the last one and it was amazing, but they CAN'T have anything left, can they?"

And then I listen to it and it's amazing.

Rush!!! I didn't think anybody else knew about them...and killer takin' on the guitar thing, Robo! I've got one, know a few chords, couple of songs, haven't ever developed it but love music!! Good one, bro! :thumbsup: :beerchug:

(Don't take all my negative NRA comments personal. I recognize there's neccessary evil everywhere. :whistle: )

It's all good, respectfully challenging ideas is welcome:thumbsup:

Right on! Hmmm...do I detect the baby steps of a tribute band? :whistle::beerchug:

Yep, teaching the son(Matthew) Guitar now, tribute band may be a few years off though:whistle:

Matthew is already able to mute strings very well:laugh:

MatthewGuitar.jpg

Last edited:
Here is my other baby, 1999 Gibson Les Paul Classic, It can SCREAM! The pinch harmonics are incredible.:drool:

99LPClassic.jpg

I was informed early in life that any musical aspirations I might have had were best directed to these musical instruments...

musicians are just like artist I think, seems to be a natural talent they can cultivate..

I best grab a couple spoons and beat on the cookware... :laugh:

I was informed early in life that any musical aspirations I might have had were best directed to these musical instruments...

musicians are just like artist I think, seems to be a natural talent they can cultivate..

I best grab a couple spoons and beat on the cookware... :laugh:

Your on the right track:thumbsup: I think Neal uses some of those for percussion on some songs:laugh:

ATTENTION ALL PLANETS OF THE SOLAR FEDERATION.....WE HAVE ASSUMED CONTROL:vader:

Great stuff!

"Another toy that helped destroy the elder race of man, forget about your silly whim it does'nt fit the plan":guitar:

Rush is probably the most consistently amazing musical group in recent history.

What, 20 studio albums in the last 30something years and they've never been disappointing?

I don't think there's another group in the world that can make that claim.

I mean every single time they put a new album out I think, "ok...THIS one won't be any good. I know I said that about the last one and it was amazing, but they CAN'T have anything left, can they?"

And then I listen to it and it's amazing.

It is amazing, and only 3 members:thumbsup:

I used to play Red Barchetta, The Spirit of Radio, and Limelight in the last band I was a member of.

Guitar...not drums, sorry.

There's one point on The Spirit of Radio that has three time signature changes in three measures.

They were my favorite band to play cover songs from, and you'd just see jaws drop in the audience from those over thirty who hadn't ever seen a cover band do Rush material.

I used to play Red Barchetta, The Spirit of Radio, and Limelight in the last band I was a member of.

Guitar...not drums, sorry.

There's one point on The Spirit of Radio that has three time signature changes in three measures.

They were my favorite band to play cover songs from, and you'd just see jaws drop in the audience from those over thirty who hadn't ever seen a cover band do Rush material.

Cool Stuff! :thumbsup:

On the "intro" to Spirit of the Radio, Alex picks it(over multiple upper fret strings) on the RUSH 30 set, but I was taught to "Tap it" over multiple "B" string fret positions. Which did you do?

Last edited:
Back