Rush 2112

Yep, teaching the son(Matthew) Guitar now, tribute band may be a few years off though:whistle:

Matthew is already able to mute strings very well:laugh:

Wow! Matthew is already big enough to play guitar!?!?!?! That's awesome. However, you must look kind of funny in your little striped suit when you take the Busa for a spin! :whistle:???:laugh::rofl:

Good on ya for giving the kid music early on. I never even knew I could try until after high school. Wish I'd started when I was your son's age.

I was informed early in life that any musical aspirations I might have had were best directed to these musical instruments...

musicians are just like artist I think, seems to be a natural talent they can cultivate..

I best grab a couple spoons and beat on the cookware... :laugh:

Your on the right track:thumbsup: I think Neal uses some of those for percussion on some songs:laugh:

I believe he's even added the KITCHEN SINK on some tunes. :laugh:

It is amazing, and only 3 members:thumbsup:
coming home from Spring Bash they had a radio show about "RUSH" was pretty interesting about the bands history and the loss of their original drummer right before they went on tour for the very first time.. the guy they found had given up on a music career about a year before in Europe or some thing.. Was an inspiring story about their rise and resistance to add a 4th member (changes everything I guess)

I guess the drummer ended up doing a lot of the writing and composing??

coming home from Spring Bash they had a radio show about "RUSH" was pretty interesting about the bands history and the loss of their original drummer right before they went on tour for the very first time.. the guy they found had given up on a music career about a year before in Europe or some thing.. Was an inspiring story about their rise and resistance to add a 4th member (changes everything I guess)

I guess the drummer ended up doing a lot of the writing and composing??

Correct, Neal actually wrote the story 2112, still does some writing I believe. Tragic death of wife and daughter not too many years ago, he took off on a tour across the states when they died, wrote a book about it.

Everyone in RUSH pulls their musical weight :bowdown:

They came to Odessa when I was 17 . One of the most concerts ever.:thumbsup:

Cool Stuff! :thumbsup:

On the "intro" to Spirit of the Radio, Alex picks it(over multiple upper fret strings) on the RUSH 30 set, but I was taught to "Tap it" over multiple "B" string fret positions. Which did you do?

I always picked it.

When I was 18 years old, I learned to play(Guitar), and learned approximately 65% of this 20+ minute Musical Science Fiction Story.

I have recently found renewed interest and am now at approximately 95% of the song.

Wikipedia link:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/2112_(album)

Somethings are timeless and brilliant :thumbsup:

Any Comments?

I think 2112 is one of the best albums ever created. RUSH is simply a phenominal band. Just saw them again on Paladia (Cable TV) live from Germany at their ripe old ages they are now. They were still as great as when I saw them in concert in St. Louis in the late 70's. Geddy Lee had trouble hitting some of the high notes, but they were still great.

P.

Correct, Neal actually wrote the story 2112, still does some writing I believe. Tragic death of wife and daughter not too many years ago, he took off on a tour across the states when they died, wrote a book about it.

Everyone in RUSH pulls their musical weight :bowdown:

That was a MOTORCYCLE tour, was it not?

That was a MOTORCYCLE tour, was it not?

I think you are correct!:thumbsup:

Link:

Amazon.com: Ghost Rider: Travels on the Healing Road: Neil Peart: Books

Neal.jpg

Last edited:
Take 2,tried to post this yesterday... uh....well you know the story....:whistle:...any way
Agree,my favorite band since I saw the farewell to kings tour as a young kid,this show was inspired by don kirshners rock concert(tv),remember?
Not a knock,but I think a lot of people are overwhelmed by the band,lyricly and intensity wise.Not unlike another later generation band-Dream Theater. These progressive,intella(intelligent)metal bands are either take it or leave it!Queensyrche is another, my 2nd fav.band in a long,long list.Notice a trend here.:laugh:
I have read(highly reccomended for bikers)all of neils books.All I can say is he is one extremely talented,unassuming,poetic modern day prophet!:bowdown:
The band is the rule when it comes to the term- a tight band.30+ yrs(-5 during neils dark period) of experimentation,never content with a said approach to the music.True innovators(sp?).That dark period did produce an introspective,fresh album.Ghost rider is the best example I can think of as a riders anthem(intended:laugh:).
Anyway glad I was able to finally post this,hope this is not deja-vu:poke::rofl:
:beerchug::beerchug::cheerleader:glad to be back!

An oRg. Rush tribute band? We might have a time finding a drummer. I'm convinced that Neil Peart is an arachnid.
Fake Dan can drum he says....didn't play so good on Rockband :whistle:

Back