Running with no airfilter

Like it says "Brock's Air Box Lid is for Race Use ONLY! DO NOT ride on the street without an air cleaner, serious engine damage can occur in a very short time period. In fact; we do not recommend the use of our air box lid at exceptionally dusty or sandy Drag strips."

Track only, on the street NO WAY!
wink.gif

Filter is a must for streets if you want to ride long with the bike
smile.gif

Never, let me say this again, NEVER run your bike without a filter. The proformance gains do not out weigh the destruction your going to do to your motor. Think about it, whats a filter do? Filters out dirt and debris, without it all that trash and bugs are going right down your intake. what if you suck in some sand. Some times you have to use common sense.

<!--EDIT|BusaWizard
Reason for Edit: None given...|1137194194 -->

Blah Blah Blah
I run No air filter  and have since 99 with the turbo it sits too low and yep I picked up a pebble.
but 2 years with the 1397 and no filter tore it down and it looked mint.if you are still worried just run no filter and some uni prefoam

ok Johnny, But don't you agree your taking a chance when you run with no filter?

The guy that did my motor insisted that I dont run a filter. He said every bike that he has ever done left without one. I was a bit worried and called Lees, they said the same thing. However, I still do run a filter and have never ran without one.

It's your motor, do what you want.

I sleep better at night replacing a $30 filter over a $3,000 motor....
wink.gif

somebody can take the motor out, rebuild it and put back in 6 hours, maybe.. Not me. Dust is like sandblasting inside of combustion chambers...
Motorcycle motor or car, same shid.
If manufacturer decided to put one in it would be in on my bike. i don`t want that crap i can see outside of the filter get inside.

The Air Intakes shove so much crap into my air box are you kidding me? Every kind of small bug, parts of bee’s and flies, a lot of dust and dirt around here. Ain’t nothing mint about my filter when it comes out looks like I vacuumed the house. I swear those Air Intakes are made by Hoover. I guess you don’t ride much in the rain? K&N up then do the air intake fix at all the leaky places through frame ect. But hell its your bike maybe you’ll be lucky.

From what I hear, any bugs and stuff like that will be incinerated before it can do any damage to the bike. Of course pebbles are a different story, but yet still I run with my filter.

After 4000 miles on my bike, I took the filter out when I did the airbox mod. The filter still looked clean but I'd rather not take any chances.

An air filter does more than clean the air. Its flow capacity is balanced with the fuel system and exhaust capacity. If you change one component without adjusting others, your bike will be slower.

<!--EDIT|pennetta
Reason for Edit: None given...|1137282632 -->

Dyno and real world are completely different animals.

Tuned for a peak dyno reading and tuned for the road(ET) are two different things.....
wink.gif

I would listen to the cheeseman on this if I could rebuild my bike as easy as he can.

i run a filter on the street and run a foam layer with large airbox mod at the track

<!--EDIT|BATTMAN
Reason for Edit: None given...|1137342010 -->

Back