Running too Rich possibly...need some help to fix

coop65sr

Donating Member
Registered
I have noticed my gas mileage seems to have dropped a little bit...I'm down from averaging 47-49mpg to 42-45mpg... I didn't really pay much attention to it cause here lately I have been a little heavy on the throttle...(have to watch for the PoPos ya know). I was doing my 7500 mile maintenance last night and after changing my oil, spark plugs, etc., I cranked the bike up to see how everything sounded...also to circulate the oil...usual stuff. I had my work light behind the bike pointed toward me (behind the exhausts) and noticed when I would rev the engine that it seemed to be spitting an ever so faint mist/droplets of either gas or moisture...I stuck my hand back there and let some run onto my hand...Couldn't tell if it was really gas cause the exhaust already smells ya know...I just couldn't really tell.. I don't think it could be anything but maybe unburned gas which made me think maybe running too rich...ANYONE ran across this same instance??? If so, how do I adjust to fix this..thanks in advance for your help...

100_3440copy.jpg

36_9_2.gif

If you accelerate, and chop the throttle, does it backfire? If so, PAIR removal.

I've been trying to fix my running rich problem as well. 3 dealers and no solution. Please post if you're able to fix it...

Is your air filter dirty? You could try a K&N if you don't already have one. That will lean it out a little.

(Juggler @ Sep. 28 2006,16:29) If you accelerate, and chop the throttle, does it backfire?  If so, PAIR removal.

I've been trying to fix my running rich problem as well.  3 dealers and no solution.  Please post if you're able to fix it...
What kinda rich prob you have Juggler?

Back