Running Rough.....Ignition Coil?

celticBandit

Registered
Hi Guys,

I've been having a problem recently with my K1 Busa dropping a cylinder or two.(Feels like it anyway). It happened after I washed it and feels like she's dropping a cylinder between 1.5k-4k RPM. Above 4k it fires OK. She runs OK for 2 minutes until she starts worming up and then it starts to misfire.
I'm guessing it's water getting down into the ignition coils/plugs. The plug holes are not blocked. This has happeded twice in the past and changing the plugs fixed it, however this time it's here to stay. I changed the plugs and it's still doing it :-(
I'm starting to think it's a damaged ignition coil, but I pulled them all and they are measuring within spec on the primary and secondary terminals. I don't want to go and buy a set of coils until I'm sure this is the problem(they are €120 each times 4). So I guess I'm just wondering:

1. If anyone else has seen this problem after washing?
2. Is it possible something else non-coil related is causing this?
3. Any suggestions on the best way to debug it?

Any help would be much appreciated guys.

Thanks
Tony

If you havent done it I would clean the injectors. I use a laser temp gauge to shoot the pipes check see which cylinder is dead. Can get them cheap at harbor freight. And if you figure out which cylinder is dead, swap coils see if it transfers. If it stays same cylinder look at injector.
After 4 yrs, I certainly hope the bike is sorted out...

@RedBull got another..

F8.jpg

Back