Running on three cylinders....maybe

dozer919

Registered
Here is the problem....

On decel when coming up to a stop light ect or a few second after I start it up my bike will stop running on 4 cyls and start to sound almost like a twin. It will idle like that. When I take off from a light, or rev it a bit, its like it clears out and then runs fine. It doesnt do this much, I rode around for a few hours last night and it did it maybe twice or three times, lasting a very short time. It did it to me last year as well with a different exhaust on it and a custom tune. This year it has a brocks pipe and a map from brocks and its still doing it about the same amount. Sometimes when I ride it doesnt do it at all. Last year when it was doing it I swapped the plugs and it still did it occasionally. Any help would be appreciated.

Maybe injectors are sticking? Perhaps the injector sticks at idle because duty cycle is very low then comes back to life when you give it gas since duty cycle increases? Sounds ignition related, how about plug gap?

I'll do some research on the best way to clean out the injectors. I am running plugs that are 1 step colder then stock. I will pull them tomorrow and inspect them. Any recommendation on what plug and gap to run?

Plug gap should be about .030", if you bought plugs besides the Suzuki factory boxed ones I noticed they are gapped wide like .044" so maybe take a look to make sure they are gapped properly.

If the plugs don't sort it out I'd look over the injectors although they are pretty rare to go out without tons of miles or sitting around for a long time with bad gas. Maybe tps is out of wack I don't know what else to suggest.

Back