Running at Mojave

isiahstites

Registered
Spent all day today to getting the stocker ready for the Mojave Mile on Sunday.

Tech is Saturday and the race is on Sunday. I am riding the bike to the race, racing and then riding her home.

My tires wouldn't pass tech due to tread depth so off with the wheels.
100_8908.jpg

I bought this bead breaker, but it's a bit undersized for a 190 tire.
100_8903.jpg

If you tilt the tire up it will do a 190 with no problems.
100_8904.jpg

While I had the wheels off I painted them, they were pretty beat up so some fresh paint was in the works.
100_8905.jpg

And to pass tech metal valve stems.
100_8906.jpg

Cut up a milk cartoon to protect my new paint from the tire spoons scratching up my new paint.
100_8907.jpg

After balancing the wheels I taped the weights, another tech requirement.
100_8917.jpg

I also painted my carrier to match the wheel. Got another carrier ready with my first gear change. This will allow me quick 5 minute gear changes so I can stay in line and maximize the amount of passes I get in the day.
100_8919.jpg

Safety wired the axles, oil drain nut and anything else they required.
100_8921.jpg

Made this little bracket and wired in the kill switch.
100_8923.jpg

All ready to go...........I do not like the bike without the wheel decals. Another set is in my near future.
100_8922.jpg

Not looking for any big numbers as other than the slip-ons she is as stock as they get. With my size I would be happy with a 175-180 mph pass.

Yes looking forward to your results, this is my plan (LSR) for my wrecked 05. First she will need just a bit of TLC, will be starting the rebuild very soon.

DSC00782.jpg

Yes looking forward to your results, this is my plan (LSR) for my wrecked 05. First she will need just a bit of TLC, will be starting the rebuild very soon.

That picture makes my stomach churn.......I am glad you are ok........it's even my color of bike. Be safe out there bro.

Good luck brother, lets hope for 185 :thumbsup:

I would be very suprised. That is the fastest I have ever been on a busa, 185 at El Mirage in 2009. I am not the smallest guy in the world either.

good luck!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I would have been there but have to work emergency came up, was going out with Karl

Karl is great, I will be wearing my TFA shirt on race day.

Back