Running 10w-50 full syn, should I be?

NearDeath

Donating Member
Registered
Previous owner used 10w-50 full syn... I am wanting to buy new oil and the web site that I want to purchase from doesn't have 10w-50 full syn....

Should I use 10w-40 or 20w-50 instead? Anything I should do before the I switch oil?

Thanks for the advice ahead of time...
Cloud

Dude your in Denver right?  IMO you should stick with 10W40 Full Synthetic.  The 20W-50 is going to be heavier than you need for the temperatures you deal with out there and will just be sapping a little power.  If your running a turbo or a LOT of track days then maybe 20W50 is the answer.  

(DrumRoll)  I recommend Silkolene PRO-4 Full Sythentic Pro 4 10W-40 and 15W-50
Electrosyntec Technology - Full synthetic ester 4-stroke engine oil for all high performance motorcycles. Electrosyntec uses electrostatic forces to bond low friction molecules to stressed metal surfaces, releasing hidden power and ensuring long term performance retention and exceptional stay-in-grade characteristics even under race conditions. Ideal for all highly tuned, high output engine transmission units. Race proven to provide exceptional anti-wear and anti-friction performance under all extremes of temperature.
API SG, SH & SJ, JASO MA.[/QUOTE]

<span style='color:blue'>Silkolene</span>

Yeah Yeah, I am a Silkolene Beeyotch, but I have been amazed by this stuff.  You could also try <span style='color:blue'>Amsoil</span>. Stick with the Full Ester Synthetics at the 10W40 weight and the oil should be one thing you never have to worry about.  IMNSHO...

Rev

Dude your in Denver right?  IMO you should stick with 10W40 Full Synthetic.  The 20W-50 is going to be heavier than you need for the temperatures you deal with out there and will just be sapping a little power.  If your running a turbo or a LOT of track days then maybe 20W50 is the answer.  

(DrumRoll)  I recommend Silkolene PRO-4 Full Sythentic Pro 4 10W-40 and 15W-50
Electrosyntec Technology - Full synthetic ester 4-stroke engine oil for all high performance motorcycles. Electrosyntec uses electrostatic forces to bond low friction molecules to stressed metal surfaces, releasing hidden power and ensuring long term performance retention and exceptional stay-in-grade characteristics even under race conditions. Ideal for all highly tuned, high output engine transmission units. Race proven to provide exceptional anti-wear and anti-friction performance under all extremes of temperature.
API SG, SH & SJ, JASO MA.

<span style='color:blue'>Silkolene</span>

Yeah Yeah, I am a Silkolene Beeyotch, but I have been amazed by this stuff.  You could also try <span style='color:blue'>Amsoil</span>. Stick with the Full Ester Synthetics at the 10W40 weight and the oil should be one thing you never have to worry about.  IMNSHO...

Rev[/QUOTE]
Lots of different syn oil each to their own. However go with the in between 15/50.

Manual says to use 30 or 40 weight doesn't it? Why in the world would you use 50 weight in a stock Busa. Does nothing but use extra power to overcome the heavier oil.

Use 10W40, can't go wrong.

And certainly replace the filter if you are switching brands/weights or if you cannot verify that it was changed at the last oil change.

Back