runman front caliper re-locator kit what do you think of this?

Runman

Registered
330mm custom galfer rotor, runman dual caliper bracket, right side fork machined clean removing radial caliper mount and fender mount to made to look factory, fender trimmed on the right side at the body line to show off the front wheel, stops better then stock let me know what you think! only one made so far... im looking to make more but i need input first this isnt for sale yet.... I just want to see what people think before i spend money on adds material ect thanks for your input.... THANKS

preita.jpg

dual fron caliper bracket for busa using 330mm rotor for cali delete.jpg

70% of your stopping power is in the front. That would put that 70% on the left side of the wheel, alone. Just gonna say, it looks kinda cool, but I wouldn't do it

What is your concern? if you have seen these bikes in a front end wreck where the forks tuck the front wheel into the radiator and not brake off. the fork tube can handle that extra stress. I think its a better Idea then removing a caliper to accomplish the same thing ( showing off your wheels )

If you just want opinions, here you go... :laugh:

I think taking off a front rotor is uglier than leaving it on. Some drag racers remove it for weight savings, but for a show bike, I see the fork legs looking uglier without calipers than I do with them. They look unfinished.

Now your "bracket" not only takes the right caliper off, leaving the ugly mounting studs still on the fork, but it also adds a ton of ugly to the left fork.

Again, just my opinion.. :beerchug:

Congrats on making a unique setup however it's not for me.... I'm more about the "Go" than the "Show" :whistle:

Not that you would ride it that hard if it is a show bike but the rotor would see extra heat...might matter / might not

I machined of the radial caliper mount and the fender mount off the right side and trimmed back the fender at the body line I to hate the look and performance of deleting the right side caliper and I'm sure this mod that allot of Busa owners choose to do have caused wrecks because the bikes just don't stop

I have a both Gen I and gen II and both have a single front rotor setup. I've never had a problem stopping when needed to. It's more than just removing the caliper. It's updating your line and your pads and also not riding up on the back of something and riding with common sense. At the end if the day you can only control what you do. If someone pulls out on you at the last minute there's only so much you can do. For a show bike I think it makes it look worse. For a road race bike I suppose it would be good but as stated already I gotta believe there would be more heat on the rotor which would have the opposite impact that you are looking for. But that's just my thought.

Back