Ruined my weekend

bigginbusa

Registered
Darn it, got to work this morning and parked my car and noticed smoke coming out from under the hood, opened the hood and somthing had gotten on the exhaust manifold and was smoking. so i got down on my knees and looked under the car to find a large puddle of oil and it was dripping. Went on in and clocked in for work, gathered a few tools and went to check to see what was wrong, removed some covers and found that a front Cam Seal had blowed out. My car is a 2000 Volvo C70 coupe, and I am a Volvo Master Technician, so after work today I stayed a little late and tore it down, now I gotta go in on a saturday and finish putting it back together. Im replacing the 2 front and 2 rear cam seal and also the crankcase vent box, which i found was stopped up, crankcase pressure built up and popped the seal out. So, instead of pulling off the Busa wheels and painting them this weekend, I gotta work on my own darn car.......Sigh, Its supposed to rain all day tomorrow, i was hoping to get them painted so I could ride sunday:banghead:

Dude :laugh: Sorry about the weekend, but I'm thinking about my $3000.00 repair bill if it was me :poke:

Maybe you can salvage Saturday afternoon and there's always Sunday :thumbsup:

That sucks, but at least you can fix it. I used to turn wrenches for Ford. The only thing worse than working on your own car after fixing everyone elses is paying someone to fix your car.

that really does suck...maybe bring the bike to work and do it while you are taking a break from the car? kill 2 birds with one stone?

hehehe.... yeah just a little over $100.00 for parts, at the shop I work for the labor rate is $86.00 per hour, and it would have been a 7 hour job

Back