Rug's bash ride report.

jellyrug

Donating Member
Registered
First time to the NC/Robbinsville bash, met some great people and had a blast. Picture story below.

Well, it started with my prediction of great weather, so Friday morning when me and the Mrs. were ready to leave it started pouring rain. Go figure, so we had to resort to putting the bike on the truck.

036_edited-1.jpg

Safe ride to the Phillips, arrived and ended up riding around 20 minutes to find a little hill to unload the bike. After unloading safely, found out there is a perfect unloading place at the school right across the Phillips. Friday night followed with some new friends. Clockwise:
Pappy, (rides a BM RT1200 not on the forum, always full of jokes), Mrs and Mr. Jellyrug, Robert (black K11 Busa not on forum), GeorgiaBusa and Steve (not on forum, red Ducati, rides very well) all having dinner at a Mexican restaurant in Andrews.

001_edited-1.jpg

Back at the Phillips we met the real crowd. They say first impressions are those that stick forever. :laugh: John, known as GixxerHP I think. Big giver, cooked great food for all and every five minutes around the fire-pit we were served with a tray of Butterball, or Jaeger shots. Thx for the hospitality John, I owe you one and hope to repay the kindness some day.

007_edited-1.JPG

Great fire pit, from left to right: Half of Steve, Pappy, GeorgiaBusa, Mrs Jellyrug, Acehole and Semi. Peter not shown in this pic was the firemaker, best I have ever seen. The party continued until we retired somewhere around 1:00AM, fun, fun, fun.

003_edited-1.jpg

Saturday morning started with a headache and breakfast at the Gap. Just did not have the b'''s for it today, so I babysat Pappy while Steve, Robert and John (GeorgiaBusa) did the Dragon and back.

014_edited-1.jpg

After breakfast a grand ride followed to Maggie Valley, led by Steve and we stopped at the Museum.

016_edited-1.jpg

Aint they pretty? For a small fee these ladies let you into the "Wheels through time" museum.

020_edited-1.jpg

Those were the days.

019_edited-1.jpg

And more those were the days.

021_edited-1.jpg

Did not know Harley built a Boxer motor way back?

024_edited-1.jpg

Rode back to the Phillips and followed with a Skyway ride, Mrs. riding passenger this time with her iPhone. Can't miss Semi in the picture. Saturday started pretty much at 8:00AM and we stopped riding at 8:00PM, was an absolute blast.

Semi.jpg

Sunday morning, saying goodbye to all and leaving to arrive home safely. The dragon claimed two, being Russel and Jen, but both were fine and a few scratches on their bikes. That's all, can't wait for the next one.

037_edited-1.jpg

036_edited-1.jpg

001_edited-1.jpg

007_edited-1.JPG

003_edited-1.jpg

014_edited-1.jpg

016_edited-1.jpg

020_edited-1.jpg

019_edited-1.jpg

021_edited-1.jpg

024_edited-1.jpg

Semi.jpg

037_edited-1.jpg

Glad you had Fun!

Thanks for the pics! :-)
Sent from my DROID2 using Tapatalk

We had a blast and glad we got to share the ride with you. It was very nice to meet you and the Mrs. Hope to meet up again soon to ride. :)

It was great to meat you and your wife!
Hope to see you soon again!

Glad you guys had a great time and the weather held out for you!

it was great to see and ride with you guys again! we are definitely going to have to try to make the time between rides not quite so long!! hopefully, i'll see ya'll again in the spring :beerchug:

First class write up! Thanks for the pics and hope to ride with ya one day.......

Back