Rubb's PARTS EXCHANGE PROGRAM...have a look please

rubbersidedown

TURBO-BUSA-RIDIN'-BASTID
Donating Member
Registered
I was hoping to start a parts exchange program. I want to send some things out for powder coating. Unfortunately,this means my bike would be down waiting on turn around time. I thought it might be cool to have parts-on-loan department. For example,I need some stock rearsets,a fellow member who has upgraded to aftermarket could easily give or loan me a set.I'd of course get the shipping cost and lunch/beer money.Something like that. When my parts get back from powder coating they are then available to be shipped off to the next member that needs them....or....they could be returned to the original owner. (some folks like to keep all their stock parts)

Many bonus's to the program:

No down time for your Busa.

A try before you buy deal.For example I have a couple types of windscreens.For the cost of shipping you get to try a double-bouble or touring screen before shelling out the big dough. Love the part,great,order yer own. Hate it,it cost you shipping to try it.You toss it in the corner till somebody else wants to give it a go. I'm tired of dropping big money on a part only to have to turn around and re-sell the fuggin thing for half price even thou its only 30 minutes old.

Parts for riders who've gone down,or had the bike fall over. Maybe your bike got knocked over.You now need a mirror,bar end,clutch lever,etc. Suzuki will be 2 weeks getting you those parts. Well,across town/the next county over, maybe somebody has those parts to loan,and yer back in the saddle that day. go pick 'em up. Maybe a few members have spare plastics. Cool,I'm not to proud to sport a different colored panel while mine goes out for paint.

Your ECU goes for a krap.Funds are a bit low and you need to save for a couple paychecks.Not anymore. A loaner ECU is 5 days away. Doesn't sound like much,but for some folks who have a short riding season,I'll bet they'd be extremely happy.

I got a spare seat a while back,thank you MC Mustang. As soon as my seat gets here from New Image,somebody will get to keep riding while doing the same.

There is a huge upside to this deal. I'm sure I have over looked the downside. I'm sure gnbrett will be along shortly to point those things out.:laugh: J/K bro.

"Well I loaned "so and so my" screen and now its scratched up." My advice...if you need it back mint...dont loan it.

Dont borrow a part,get angry with the board or a member and drop off the face of the planet. A little honour and integrity will be required.That or ship yer part back to someone,then go bye-bye.

I hope this works out,I think it could help folks. For myself,I could go buy the parts I need used,get them powder coated and throw the now uneeded parts on the shelf to rot afterwards. Just seems like a waste in several ways.

Anyway,Rubb could use a set of stock rear sets,a brake stay,and a brake hanger.Condition unimportant as long as they are functional.

If this takes off...I dont mind managing it. This could be made a sticky and updated whenever needed. Even daily if required.You'd be able to check the last post and see whats available,offer something up. You'd know where where a part is. Why ask a member to ship you a part from alaska to your house in florida,when one is available next door in georgia. Make sense?

The final post in this thread will always contain the updated list of where everything is and whats being asked for.Hope it works out.If funds are tight,dont offer a "free lunch". But in my world...

there is such a thing as a free lunch.:thumbsup:

Rubb needs stock rear sets,brake stay,brake hanger. 20 bucks for lunch/beer offered.

Andy, tell me what you need - but I think I can help you out - we do sort of do this... I tried to start something similar before, but some of us do help out when we can :)

Send me a list of what you need and I will see what I can do... also, you get your seat yet?

Sounds like an internet scam to me...... :laugh:

jk my friend. Good luck with this! If I come with other stuff I can let go of I will donate it. I was thinking of starting a "parts exchange program" though. :whistle:

Take care!

P.

Andy, tell me what you need - but I think I can help you out - we do sort of do this... I tried to start something similar before, but some of us do help out when we can :)

Send me a list of what you need and I will see what I can do... also, you get your seat yet?

The seat got kinda screwy Shawn. I had it shipped to goldenChild as he was coming up here with some other parts. The seat got sent back to Lee at New Image because the shipper was told "no such adress." So I got ahold of Lee and he sent me a tracking number. It is now in Canaduh. Wahooo.

Can hardly wait,thanks bro. PM to U in 5 minutes.
Andy.

I have an extra tail section. Yes it has small cracks and scratches but its ride able. I also have an extra grab bar. Not sure what else will have to look

Does anyone have a turbo I can use? Actually I will have some parts to loan out by mid summer.

Sounds like an internet scam to me...... :laugh:

jk my friend. Good luck with this! If I come with other stuff I can let go of I will donate it. I was thinking of starting a "parts exchange program" though. :whistle:

Take care!

P.

Just got a PM from this member,wants us to know if we are nearby,and in need...we can borrow his whole BUSA. :thumbsup:

Thanks Thom. AWESOME. And not too worry,we will not abuse it,not in any way. :whistle:

RSD.

fuel pump? (even a filter n houseing) as john and i both experiment with the cheapest and simplest alternative to a $250 expense and make it simpler to see and replace fuel filters in the future?

Hey RSD, this is a great idea, maybe you can attach a spread sheet with the parts availalable and the names of members that have them and probably updated once a month or so.

I too think this is a great idea and I like the suggestion about the spreadsheet but let's go one better...

I'm sure this forum is using some form of SQL database, MySQL, SQL Express, or even a full-blown version of SQL. Why not creat a database where people can enter the parts that they have available and also have a request page that will automatically send a PM or email from the database to the person with the needed part. This "notification" will let the part holder know that someone is in need. The notification would include the necessary contact information, of course.

Seems like it wouldn't take too much to get that done and it would go a long way to formalize this process as well as keep track of who has what part at any given time.

Thoughts?

Hey RSD, this is a great idea, maybe you can attach a spread sheet with the parts availalable and the names of members that have them and probably updated once a month or so.

Cool idea. I was actually going to update everytime something was offered/loaned/requested... everyday if I had too.

RSD.

I too think this is a great idea and I like the suggestion about the spreadsheet but let's go one better...

I'm sure this forum is using some form of SQL database, MySQL, SQL Express, or even a full-blown version of SQL. Why not creat a database where people can enter the parts that they have available and also have a request page that will automatically send a PM or email from the database to the person with the needed part. This "notification" will let the part holder know that someone is in need. The notification would include the necessary contact information, of course.

Seems like it wouldn't take too much to get that done and it would go a long way to formalize this process as well as keep track of who has what part at any given time.

Thoughts?

2 days at my new job....and I've been replaced by a computer. :pullhair:......:laugh:

I was just gonna do it "Horse and Buggy".... "2 fingered data entry" :type: ..........:duh:

Awesome idea. We wouldn't get to see the thank you's and cute little smileys thou....

RSD.

The mods may want to step in to get the SQL running n manage the database. Here are some fields to add...
Date Posted
Part Available
Condition of Part (new / used)
Member Name / id Contact info
Location of Part
Date Borrowed
Donated To / Member ID
Cost (if any)
Comments

The mods may want to step in to get the SQL running n manage the database. Here are some fields to add...
Date Posted
Part Available
Condition of Part (new / used)
Member Name / id Contact info
Location of Part
Date Borrowed
Donated To / Member ID
Cost (if any)
Comments

Looks like yer all over this. It's all yers dude. :bowdown:

RSD.

Back