Rubbing questions 08 busa

Verdexus

Registered
I just put a chrome moly swing arm on my bike 0-6 adj with a strut on it. My bike is strapped in the front with adj lowing links in the back its I think its 3-4 in the front and 3-4 in the back. But I've noticed its rubbing really bad in the back when I hit bumps in the road or if my wife rides with me. Should I go back to the stock links and take the strap off? I've adjusted the back links all the way in and its only about a finger width of space between the tire and the tail light. Forgot to say the swingarm is out +4. Any ideas on how to stop the rubbing????

well the only way is to raise it up esp if your going to have a passenger. or you could just tighten everything (spring/pre-load, dampeners, and rebound) but than of course your ride is gone and you get a really cool bouncing effect lol (not good). you'll have to just raise her up some. Sitting that low with only a 4+ extension you should see some improvment in the handling after lifting it up some also.. (and you get some "ride" back in her)

I just put a chrome moly swing arm on my bike 0-6 adj with a strut on it. My bike is strapped in the front with adj lowing links in the back its I think its 3-4 in the front and 3-4 in the back. But I've noticed its rubbing really bad in the back when I hit bumps in the road or if my wife rides with me. Should I go back to the stock links and take the strap off? I've adjusted the back links all the way in and its only about a finger width of space between the tire and the tail light. Forgot to say the swingarm is out +4. Any ideas on how to stop the rubbing????

I had the same problem i changed the spring on the back from stock and went with a 1400lb spring the BUSA is set up for a 180lb rider from the factory so when you move the tire out it makes the spring week and not work as good i am 270lbs and my girlfriend is 125lbs . I don't know what size you are so you know now PM me and i can tell you where you can get this done
58ig5.jpg

Last edited:
yeah i put a 1300lbs spring in the back with my 6 inch stretch and -2 in the rear. i took off the rear foot pegs and i've rubbed once since then... here is a pic... the best way to go is get a air ride shock... then you can set ride height and stiffness...

SANY0275.jpg

Back