Rubber windscreen grommets

I wanna learn to go fast and ride wheelies, grommets arent my bag man...btw I still have my stock screen installed ya dodo.....
poke.gif

<marquee> External Links Missing External Links Missing External Links Missing </marquee>

wHAT> ;)

<table style=filter:glow(color=red)>FOR GODS SAKES,,,,WHAT ARE YOU DOING, MAN?</table>

There is ABSOLUTELY NO REASON to pry those out with needle nose plyers!

Simply take the pop-out rivet out on the other side of the inner panel, once the allen screw is out on the windscreen, pull the inner panel back with your fingers and push the rubber grommet through the inside. :shakingmyheadindisbelief:

Plyers! Unbelievable.  :super:
Was about to post the same thing, Cookie! I almost fainted at the thought of someone yanking at those rubber well nuts with a pair of needle nose pliers.  :eek:

I done mine the same way Cookie says to do it and it was super easy... and SAFE on the well nuts.

You guys should REALLY be a little more GENTLE with your NUTS!!!  :drool:
Yep, that's the easy way to get em out.
Now...how do you get em in once they are all swollen up? (Hint: lot's o lube)
This is headed in a BAD direction. I can feel it coming... :D
We learn from each other, that's why this site works. And yes, there is more than one way to do most tasks. You do what works for you and I'll do what works for me. I learned something though from this thread, although my PB DB is already installed, with no damage. Enjoy!

Just to Back up a fellow Brother with an LE... I too have used pliers to get them little bastids out. They were Jump ring or "Round Nosed" But They worked just fine. It was a lot quicker too.... So there...

Now I know a better way than Grunting and pinching or pulling with pliers.... Neat how that works huh?

Just to Back up a fellow Brother with an LE...  I too have used pliers to get them little bastids out.  They were Jump ring or "Round Nosed" But They worked just fine.  It was a lot quicker too....  So there...

Now I know a better way than Grunting and pinching or pulling with pliers....  Neat how that works huh?
Thanks for the backup Rev. :beerchug:

Well, here's a few pics of the screen. You can see how the thing does not fit right. Also have a side by side of the two. Hopefully this will work.

IMAG0018.JPG

This was tricky the first time I tried it as well. Take out the little plastic rivets on the inside trim pieces, take out the allen head screws that hold the windscreen on, then push the rubber grommet to the inside using the allen wrench. When you are putting it back in screw the bolt back on to the grommet just a little, then spit on the grommet and put the allen wrench on the bolt and then push the whole thing through. This allows you to push the grommet from the skinny end which makes it much easier to push back through, tighten and replace the plastic rivets.

Like Rev said use a couple layers of electrical tape on the edges so you don't get any rattling.

yeah dude, But did you see those gaps around the top. It's all the way around. Is that normal? It's nothing like that w/ the stock 1. Sorry to be such a pain, and thanks for al the help!!

Yeah the gaps are normal, I had a Zero Gravity Double Bubble on the bike before I broke it in my accident and it fit the same way. I had to add two layer of electrical tape to keep it from rattling. When I put the stock one back on I put two layers on that one too so it wouldn't rattle. I think they all fit like that, I will check mine when I get home to see how the stock fits but I think there are still gaps.

<table style=filter:glow(color=red)>FOR GODS SAKES,,,,WHAT ARE YOU DOING, MAN?</table>

There is ABSOLUTELY NO REASON to pry those out with needle nose plyers!

Simply take the pop-out rivet out on the other side of the inner panel, once the allen screw is out on the windscreen, pull the inner panel back with your fingers and push the rubber grommet through the inside. :shakingmyheadindisbelief:

Plyers! Unbelievable.  :super:
Was about to post the same thing, Cookie! I almost fainted at the thought of someone yanking at those rubber well nuts with a pair of needle nose pliers.  :eek:

I done mine the same way Cookie says to do it and it was super easy... and SAFE on the well nuts.

You guys should REALLY be a little more GENTLE with your NUTS!!!  :drool:
Yep, that's the easy way to get em out.
Now...how do you get em in once they are all swollen up? (Hint: lot's o lube)
This is headed in a BAD direction. I can feel it coming... :D
We learn from each other, that's why this site works. And yes, there is more than one way to do most tasks. You do what works for you and I'll do what works for me. I learned something though from this thread, although my PB DB is already installed, with no damage. Enjoy!
Yo Postal,

I think you may have misinterpreted my post, man. I didn't mean that it was going downhill because of the info posted. I was trying (and obviously failed) to be funny, referring to the "gettin' it in", "swollen", "lots o' lube" wording. You know, as in dirty minded translation of your wording. I wasn't even referring to your actual info when I posted that last remark, bro.

Sorry if I came across the wrong way. That's what happens when people like me, who ain't funny, try to be... :D No offense or insult was intended, man. I hope now that I explained my last comment, none is taken. We cool? :super:

yeah dude, But did you see those gaps around the top. It's all the way around. Is that normal? It's nothing like that w/ the stock 1. Sorry to be such a pain, and thanks for al the help!!
That Doesn't look normal in my opinion. You mentioned that it fit funny and from the looks of it something isnt quite right. I mean the screen is thinner but the lines of the shield should still match the front fairing better than it appears to be doing...

Another pic. And you can't see it, but NO gaps!

<!--EDIT|Postal
Reason for Edit: None given...|1068220521 -->

PB2.jpg

No problem BulletTrain, we cool. No offense taken. Cookie's post is the one that ticked me off! I've been working on bikes for 25 years and haven't messed one up yet.

I'm over it though, cool with everyone here.  :cool:

<!--EDIT|Postal
Reason for Edit: "no spill chicker.. :-)"|1073177268 -->

No problem BulletTrain, we cool. No offense taken. Cookie's post is the one that pi$$ed me off! I've been working on bikes for 25 years and haven't fugged one up yet.

I'm over it though, cool with everyone here.  :cool:
Cool. Just didn't want any bad blood over a misunderstanding. ;) :cool:

Back