Rubb test rides the Harley Davidson Live Wire

rubbersidedown

TURBO-BUSA-RIDIN'-BASTID
Donating Member
Registered
Took the Live Wire out for a boot today. I liked it. Kinda impressive.

Acceleration was over the top. 0-60 MPH under 3 sec.
Brakes were really good. Great feel from the Brembo's.
Suspension pretty sweet,not sure what weight of a rider it was set-up for,but stuck pretty good.
Showa suspension front and rear,multi adjustable right there in the parking lot.
No heavy dive under hard braking.Not much lift on hard acceleration.
Tires stuck well,hard to get them to break loose.Tires are Michelin Scorchers,made for Harley.
Super comfy riding position,love the moto-cross bars.
Dash is super functional.Never had one tell me the kick stand is down. Easy to read menu for ride modes etc.
Seat is great. The triangle (bars to pegs to seat) is just right for me. 6'1"
It felt like riding a floating toy or something...just big smile fun.
Heavy on its feet,but once rolling,incredibly nimble and light.
Really stable at speed. :D
Overall 4 out of 5. :thumbsup:
Mirrors,useless. Barely get yer hands on the grips,no space. Hard to grab the front brake,not enuff space.Never likes the right turn sig on Harleys. Moving from hand to switch,no likey.
Quiet and peacefull ride.
So thin with its shape,you have to squeeze the tank with yer knees really hard at top speed,or your legs get whipped off to the side.This bike is really narrow.
Coming up to stops,it almost balances itself. You can take 10 seconds to put your feet down.
A slight buzz is felt when not in motion. Nothing felt at speed.
I liked it. Do I $39,ooo CDN like it. Nope.
They offered me a trade in on The Black Bastid,but did not kick out a number. I guess it was up to me to take it to the next level.
SUPER FUN MACHINE. Kinda like an' amusement park ride or something.
Stopped for a break,got this chic to snap a couple pics. She took 1/2 hour. LOL. Adjusting all the settings on my camera. LOL.
"Pics,or it didn't happen" eh Bro's.
Rubb.

You'll be drowning in hairy-armpitted, dreadlock-tangling poon with a green ride like that, Rubb.

"Hey Baby, I got a tree that you can hug.... in my pants!" :D

You'll be drowning in hairy-armpitted, dreadlock-tangling poon with a green ride like that, Rubb.

"Hey Baby, I got a tree that you can hug.... in my pants!" :D
At my age I'd have to date a senior citizen "hugger"
Apparently...
so I've been told...me I...

The granola eatin' grannies kind of resemble a silver back gorilla...
"down there."
Me..I can't say for sure...I don't like camping or going in the bush....

Rubb.

whistle.gif

I thought the HD guys only bought bikes for the sound of the motor and the distortion of their radio as they come to the stop light revving their motors up.

I thought the HD guys only bought bikes for the sound of the motor and the distortion of their radio as they come to the stop light revving their motors up.
Its a brave new world my brother. Them old-skool harley cats are coming around to all this new techo gizmo stuff. I even saw one guy with a cell phone. :eek:
True story.
Actually,99% of the "Hard Core" harley guys walk right past the new fangled lectric scooter...won't look at it...won't talk about. If they do...BOOM kicked right the fug outa the "Weekend Warriors" MC.
I found it highly entertaining. Icing on the cake...
My "Rice-Burner" parked in their lot...2 days in a row. :laugh:

Some talked to me,ask questions about the Busa...
But they waited till their buddies weren't lookin.

Rubb.

HD guys are hard to please they would not even acknowledge the vrod , which I thought was a great bike for a Harley. Yamaha came up with this ideal in 1985 with the vmax.

Back