Rpm dead spots 3k-5k ?

HayabusaHarry

Registered
Need some help/advice please.

2000 Busa w/ 19k miles. Replaced the plugs, cleaned injectors, new fuel pump, new gas lines, new tank, all fuel line filter are clean, all screens on injectors are non existent. Tested the throttle position switch and it reads on the meter that it’s working within range. Tested coils (both stages) and they tested in range specified in the service manual. When accelerating in first, second and third there is a “dead spot” so I call it, between 3k and 5k rpms where the bike hesitates enough to stop the acceleration. But if you keep on the throttle and ride through the rpms that are having the issue it’s straightens out and it’s like it hits a powerband and takes off like a bat outa hell. It’s only in the first three gears I notice this (due to its time to slow down cause I’m out of toad lmao). Not sure where to go with this right now. Other then that the bike runs and rides great. I am also curious how can you tell if the clutch system is worn. When I have the clutch pulled in and put it into gear it goes in but sounds and feels like it goes in hard. Like the whole bike will jerk a little. It doesn’t feel like it’s slipping or anything cause when you get on the gas the bike wants to come out from underneath you. I few more little things I need to know and I believe I have the perfect beast. Thanks for your time and advice.

Back