Routing Exhaust thru Signal Pods

Thinker62

Donating Member
Registered
Anyone know anything about the mod on this bike? What does it take to route the exhaust thru the pods? What about heat? What about performance? Is there an integrated turn signal kit?

SC_NY3.gif
[/IMG]
SC_NY1.gif
[/IMG]

looks sharp on a show bike. For a daily rider I don't think it would be practical. Lots of heat, poor poor passenger, any rich runnng engine would leave begin to leave skid/stain marks on the tail.

looks sharp on a show bike. For a daily rider I don't think it would be practical. Lots of heat, poor poor passenger, any rich runnng engine would leave begin to leave skid/stain marks on the tail.

Thats what I was thinking too, but may not be so much different from the R1's, ZX-10's and others that route the exhaust out the azz. But I am sure some kind of heat shield would be needed.

There is actually a guy on here that saw this bike in person. He took pics and posted it on here. He was saying that alot of modification was required on this bike. He also said that he believed that they chopped the bike in half and made the whole bike wider or something like that.

Looks like they cut frame in half and then widened it 4" .

Swingarm has to be widened too to accomodate 12" wheel. It will make enough room for exhaust pipe to go through rear shock opening.

I don`t understand. If you been there and seen it in person, where the damn pictures and why you asking us how they did that.

That's cause you must be reading too fast. My first post was the following:
Anyone know anything about the mod on this bike? What does it take to route the exhaust thru the pods? What about heat? What about performance? Is there an integrated turn signal kit?
Later, I said that "I HAVE NOT SEEN IT IN PERSON" I posted the only "DAMN" pictures I have. I had to divert the thread to respond to the photoshop theory. But now that is cleared up, I would still like to know things like:

1. Did they use an existing exhaust like the HMF High Mount, or was it custom formed?
2. Is it necessary to widen the bike, or was that done in conjunction with the wide tire set-up?
3. What about heat?
4. What about power/performance gain or loss?
5. Did they use some kind of integrated kit to replace the turn signals?

If anyone really knows anything about this mod, please chime in.

Last edited:
I dont see how that would not MELT plastics ??? you could always dump the exhaust at the bottom fairings with some chrome tips? that would open that back wheel up

Looks like they cut frame in half and then widened it 4" .

Swingarm has to be widened too to accomodate 12" wheel. It will make enough room for exhaust pipe to go through rear shock opening.

+1 on frame widened, there's no way to do that jackshaftless swingarm mod without widening the frame.

Back