Round 2! - My Forever Stablemate!

Tiller

Registered
This thread starts back in 2009 when I had an 01 Bandit 1200s and desperately wanted a sportbike, but couldn't afford one so could only trade a Bandit. But who wants to trade a sportbike for a Bandit???... I searched craigslist for days. I came across an 01 TL1000R that a guy was selling due to neck problems. It was BEAUTIFUL!! I figured he would never take it, but I ask him if we wants a Bandit, and he takes interest. I ask him what kind of trade he wants, he says "They're the same year, same miles, so even trade!".. Thought this guy was crazy because the Bandit was worth much less than his TLR.

We met and did the swap, and I was HOOKED as soon as I hit the start button. The Yoshi's sounded OH SO GOOD! Needless to say this bike developed a special place in my heart. It was rare, GORGEOUS, and sounded like Heaven. Also, did my first track day on it, drug my knee for the first time, and did my first 150 mph run :laugh:

100_4580.jpg

Well it was Nov 2010 on the Blue Ridge Parkway. Cold morning but we went riding anyway. Well, we hit a turn that was still frozen from the night before and down I went. She got banged up pretty good! My brother-in-law went down behind me and our bikes collided which is what busted the back end up..

The crash scene:
IceRoad.jpg

The damage: The tail was actually broken completely in two. Fiberglassed it back together to make it one piece.
100_5264.jpg
100_5263.jpg
100_5262.jpg
100_5252.jpg

I fixed the taillight, the exhaust, and got it back to streetable, but decided to sell it a few months later rather than put $2k in parts to completely fix it.. Not too long after, I was kicking myself for letting her go. I said I needed to buy another one, if I can ever find one still in good shape (or not blinged out like too many are)

Well, 3 years later, enter Tiller2! Last Saturday I was just cruising Facebook and Pandora's Motorsports (10 miles from me) happen to just get in this 2002 Beauty. I immediately went to look at it and was able to convince the wife. Original owner and 100% stock except for slip-ons. Still has the REFLECTORS!! I couldn't let this one get away and risk never finding another. This one still needs the personalization I added to my 01 (blinkers, windscreen, etc), but I will not make the mistake again and sell this one.

I'll get more pics up when I get her home :)
IMAG0323_zps12516a26.jpg

Forgot to add this information. When doing the paperwork we were able to see the original owners name and address. He lives in my town in a neighborhood 3 miles from me!!! Would love to see his face when he sees me riding through town :laugh:

Drive off with the new Tiller. A film makers worst night mare... Diana starts the Ford Explorer at the same time, then a cruiser goes by just before Jay pulls out on the road...

Last edited by a moderator:
Very nice! I'm glad you were finally able to get another one. :thumbsup:

Back