ROUND 2 - AGAINST GSXR1100

BigDawg_03Busa

Registered
Went riding yesterday with a buddy who owns a gsxr 1100 with some carb work.  Before telling the story here's the history and tale of the tape....

Rider #1 - Gsxr 1100
              after market carbs and 6" swing arm
              275lb /c more riding & racing experience

Rider #2 (yours truely) - Gsxr 1300
               stock wheel base & motor
               D&D bolt ons
               280lbs same riding experience, little racing

About 1 year ago my buddy wanted to try me and convinced me to give him two lengths and the break.  He was banking on my lack of launching and it worked because he jumped about 20 lengths on my (no lie), but by the time he rolled off I was within ~5 lengths so I made up a lot of ground. He has since preceded to tell everyone he met how he crushed my busa right, so I've been thinking redemption baby.

Now to the present, we're riding along Highyway 70 and come on a stop light.   So it ends up he's in the fast lane and I in the slow lane, I look at him and give him a couple of revs so he knows it's on.
#1 Light turns green he jumps me by ~2 bike lengths only, within 100-150 feet I'm a =1/2 length in front of him but have to come out because of an automobile.

#2 Next light - light turns green and we're dead even coming out (bad news for mister 1100) this time there are no cars in front of us, so when I roll off I'm easily 100-150 bike lengths in front of him (NO LIE). I left him so bad it was like he had reverse installed LOL. I wanted to send a point that:

1. Last time we ran his bike didn't out perform my bike, he out performed me.
2. Big Dawg has improved considerably since that time in his launching.

This was as even a matchup as you can get because rider size/weight and experience and the fact that he has after market carberators and a 6" swing arm. Now I now the Busa out performs the 1100, but you have to know my buddy.  He brags even if the advantage was all his, but he doesn't want to admit he got owned even though he did.  We stopped to eat and I made a huge scene with the staff of Zaxby's and they got a kick out of it all. The manager even came and sat with us and talked about his old riding days. We were going to get at it again, but too many state troopers.  So we're going to the track in a week or so for some legitimate runs in a race environment.  I'll keep you posted.

BD

Thats the way to smackem down.. Whats that you say, GSXR1100 can run with what? I don't think so..

Spanked & Owned that arse!
smile.gif

Judging from your comments BigDawg, your riding skills are only getting better, and his losses to you will be much much worse...
biggrin.gif
Keep spankin' that a$$!!!

Get a adjustable triple clamp and 1" lowering-link kit for the track BD.
He'll be even more surprised! LOL! It'll help keep the front down some and help your launches too.

I know how you feel my buddy stan keeps on adding stuff to his fz1 to try to beat me the latest was a jet kit that he spent $400 on and it took the shop over 2 weeks to get it to run right.seems his yosh exhaust caused all kinds of problems for the shop guys!!! I just have to laugh he has spent over $2200 so far and he still can'nt beat me I told him sell it and get a busa LOL:D
biggrin.gif

Went riding yesterday with a buddy who owns a gsxr 1100 with some carb work.  Before telling the story here's the history and tale of the tape....

Rider #1 - Gsxr 1100

stock wheel base & motor
               D&D bolt ons

About 1 year ago my buddy wanted to try me and convinced me to give him two lengths and the break.  He was banking on my lack of launching and it worked because he jumped about 20 lengths on my (no lie), but by the time he rolled off I was within ~5 lengths so I made up a lot of ground. He has since preceded to tell everyone he met how he crushed my busa right, so I've been thinking redemption baby.

Now to the present, we're riding along Highyway 70 and come on a stop light.   So it ends up he's in the fast lane and I in the slow lane, I look at him and give him a couple of revs so he knows it's on.
#1 Light turns green he jumps me by ~2 bike lengths only, within 100-150 feet I'm a =1/2 length in front of him but have to come out because of an automobile.

#2 Next light - light turns green and we're dead even coming out (bad news for mister 1100) this time there are no cars in front of us, so when I roll off I'm easily 100-150 bike lengths in front of him (NO LIE). I left him so bad it was like he had reverse installed LOL. I wanted to send a point that:

This was as even a matchup as you can get because rider size/weight and experience and the fact that he has after market carberators and a 6" swing arm. Now I now the Busa out performs the 1100, but you have to know my buddy.  He brags even if the advantage was all his, but he doesn't want to admit he got owned even though he did.  We stopped to eat and I made a huge scene with the staff of Zaxby's and they got a kick out of it all.  The manager even came and sat with us and talked about his old riding days.  We were going to get at it again, but too many state troopers.  So we're going to the track in a week or so for some legitimate runs in a race environment.  I'll keep you posted.

BD
I have a buddy who weighs 150 with a 95 1100 with all the mods...piped/jetted/geared down/ignition advancer/k&n's ect.And he was getting beat by piped 600's at the track
wow.gif
....and it wasn't due to his riding skills...they were actually running him down. The 1100's were great in their day (I own a nice 92 myself) but my stock Busa ABsolutely crushed his 1100. No comparison no way no how by ANY stretch of the imagination. The new tech is wayyy crazy anymore....it makes 10 year old superbikes look sooooo weak its almost unbelievable
wow.gif
And after switching bikes I couldn't believe how spoiled I've become....lol, taking all this ridiculous power for granted
wink.gif
tounge.gif
biggrin.gif

wow.gif

I know how you feel my buddy stan keeps on adding stuff to his fz1 to try to beat me the latest was a jet kit that he spent $400 on and it took the shop over 2 weeks to get it to run right.seems his yosh exhaust caused all kinds of problems for the shop guys!!!  I just have to laugh he has spent over $2200 so far and he still can'nt beat me I told him sell it and get a busa LOL:D
biggrin.gif
That's funny; I traded my Fizz on the Busa for that very reason. I considered spending big bucks trying to make the FZ1 into what I wanted, when what I wanted was sitting in the showroom at the Suzuki dealer
smile.gif

Rider #1 - Gsxr 1100

stock wheel base & motor
               D&D bolt ons

This was as even a matchup as you can get because rider size/weight and experience and the fact that he has after market carberators and a 6" swing arm. Now I now the Busa out performs the 1100, but you have to know my buddy.  He brags even if the advantage was all his, but he doesn't want to admit he got owned even though he did.  We stopped to eat and I made a huge scene with the staff of Zaxby's and they got a kick out of it all.  The manager even came and sat with us and talked about his old riding days.  We were going to get at it again, but too many state troopers.  So we're going to the track in a week or so for some legitimate runs in a race environment.  I'll keep you posted.

BD
I have a buddy who weighs 150 with a 95 1100 with all the mods...piped/jetted/geared down/ignition advancer/k&n's ect.And he was getting beat by piped 600's at the track  
wow.gif
....and it wasn't due to his riding skills...they were actually running him down. The 1100's were great in their day (I own a nice 92 myself) but my stock Busa ABsolutely crushed his 1100. No comparison no way no how by ANY stretch of the imagination. The new tech is wayyy crazy anymore....it makes 10 year old superbikes look sooooo weak its almost unbelievable  
wow.gif
And after switching bikes I couldn't believe how spoiled I've become....lol, taking all this ridiculous power for granted
wink.gif

tounge.gif

biggrin.gif
I know, that's what I keep trying to tell him. I told him I'm not worried about how far he jumps me, because I know I'll come and get him with authority! He better jump me by at least 10 lengths to make is somewhat interesting. Like I said on our second run we were neck and neck coming out of the hole so he knew he was a dead stick in the mud LOL.

wow.gif

About 1 year ago my buddy wanted to try me and convinced me to give him two lengths and the break.  

he jumped about 20 lengths on my (no lie), but by the time he rolled off I was within ~5 lengths so I made up a lot of ground.

He has since preceded to tell everyone he met how he crushed my busa right
this guy sounds like a real little weasel . first he sets up a "race" with silly rules . it really wasnt a race at all

then he lets off when you were goanna catch and pass him

then he claims a victory

what a weasel that guy is  .if you can make up rules like that  then i have a challenge to make . i want to fight mike tyson BUT he has to be blindfolded for the fight and i get the first 50 punches before he can throw any , and i can wear brass knuckles

Back