Rough Running above 6k

bellbs

Registered
Hey all,

I have an 02 SE with about 22k miles, PC3 USB, dual HMF high mounts, Ivans smart TRE and just the other night I went to pass a tanker trucker on the right and grabbed a fistful in fourth.  Instead of the usual shoulder dislocation I got a stumbling, jerking response from the bus without much go and barely made it by the truck before he moved into my lane.  I reloaded the PC3 map and took off the TRE, but the problem remains.  It seems the bike runs like crap at throttle positions over 1/2 over 5 or 6 k rpms in any gear...ie can't even wheelie in fisrt anymore with a 43 tooth on the rear.  Dealer though it might be the fuel pump but hard to say until I bring it in.  Any thoughts on this one?  I'd like to handle it myself if possible.

Thanks,

Chris

Check your fuel pump, same thing happen to me with 22,500 on the clock. Any throttle above 6k rpm, it felt as if the bike was bogging down..I hooked up a pressure guage and sure enough I wasnt getting the 40-43psi @ the fuel rail..changed out the pump and all is well..
jump9.gif

Back