Rough riding...

Kahuna

Registered
Just got my new 'busa and saw some earlier threads mentioning the idle adjust issue. I am experiencing a rough ride while in first gear with no throttle, while decelerating. Is this due to the idle being set too low? Any feedback is appreciated.

Guess I don't quite understand... a low idle setting will result in your bike dying when you are slowing down & pull in the clutch. Are you referring to the busa not being smooth in 1st gear while going slow, like 5-10 mph?

Sorry about the explanation, but yes it is really just a rough ride in first at slow speeds. Also seems to be running a bit choppy while sitting and idling. It was my first day of riding. Picked it up with 1 mile on the odometer.

What is the RPM at idle? I have mine set up at about 1100 RPM

<!--EDIT|Fugly
Reason for Edit: None given...|1151603132 -->

Like Fugly said, make sure your idle is 1100-1200 rpm. Besides that it will come down to getting used to her. 1st gear is pretty tall & it takes some clutch to keep her smooth when you are moving slow. Congrats on the new ride & have fun!
biggrin.gif

<!--EDIT|BusainSD
Reason for Edit: None given...|1151603564 -->

Thanks for the humor Big-T. I know the idle was sitting around 1K or a touch below. I will try to adjust to see if that smoothes it out.

Back