Rough Idle...

Timbo Herrman

Registered
Hello i have a 2013 busa with 14989 miles on it.

Mods
Full R77 exhaust, pc5.

When i start the bike it fluctuates between 1000 to 1300 RPMs sounds like a hot cam,
Plug the PC5 in reset with 0 map, no change in idle, put the R77 map back on and still no change.
Pulled the plugs no issue, replaced.
I have no idea whats going on with it. Was running fine till a week ago. And suggestions??

Unplug the PC and just use the ECU, rule out the PC altogether. If it was a Gen I I would have other suggestions, but our bikes dont have an idle adjustment and the ECU can handle most things you want to tune for. Did anything change before it started running rought?

I have the exact same issue you are describing(created another thread about it somewhere on the forum) and I'm also running a pC5 with dual r77s connected to a Vance & Hines header. Mine was acting like it was starving for fuel, but that went away last weekend after getting the rectifier replaced and being able to get a good battery going. I haven't had the chance to disconnect the PC5, but that's what the guys on here suggested and will be my next step when I get some time off.

Back