Rostra Cruise Owners-A little help

FALQN

Registered
I finished my install a few weeks ago and finally got a shot at full testing today (44 deg). In my install thread, I tested the NSS (Neutral Safety Switch) connected to the hot side of the clutch switch (see below). I used the diagnostic function and tested it properly. HOWEVER, real world testing proved otherwise. I was holding on tight because I did not know for sure that this connection would work. I pulled the clutch and went to the races:banghead:. I pegged the rev limiter (this time unintentionally :laugh:) and tried to lightly re-engage the clutch.

The brakes work great for shutting off the unit, but I would like to have a second disengagement on the drive side. The Rostra instructions require you to have two ways also.

How are you guys set up? Did any of you connect the Rostra tach wire (dark blue) for over-revving? If so, where is the tach signal wire on the Busa- the service manual wiring diagram does not have this detail? Did you find another way to use the light green Neutral Safety Switch wire?

Other than this problem..It Works Great!!!

Thanks for any help!

9.jpg

connect to the wires on top of the plug. I will try to find pics, it may take awhile since I am on my phone though.

connect to the wires on top of the plug. I will try to find pics, it may take awhile since I am on my phone though.

Thanks Capt. No rush...low temps and rain/snow mix will keep me indoors for a couple of days.

I thought we fed it from the #1 cylinder? I cant remember any other connections besides the VSS, tach, and brake safety. I just went throught the pictures I have and cant find a definitive answer.

Back