Rossi quits Moto GP and retires immediately

It's probably because Vale OBVIOUSLY can't ride that bike. If he had proper training, and took some more track days he'd probably survive out there, but when I watch him race, all I see is bad lines and improper body positioning..

At least that's what Tuf told me..

It's probably because Vale OBVIOUSLY can't ride that bike. If he had proper training, and took some more track days he'd probably survive out there, but when I watch him race, all I see is bad lines and improper body positioning..

At least that's what Tuf told me..

:rofl:

I mean :tiptoe:

your kidding right? Who is the master joker of all time and used to ride with yellow hair? Hmmm. If he knew about the site he probably is enjoying the prank..

BB

Good one although, if he ends up following like last year, this will be his last season. Texas was a rough track for Yamaha so next weekend will favor the Hondas. I expect Marquez to dominate Texas as he did last year. I would love to see Rossi win another championship but Lorenzo and Marquez are simply too much for him at this point in his career. I will say it here and now...if Marquez can stay healthy, he will challenge Rossi's title numbers.

I somewhat agree... the interesting thing is that typically, there is a standout, maybe two... but right now, you have a top four of Jorge, Dani, Marc and Vale (In no particular order) - Marc is leading the pack in the same way (maybe a bit more explosively) that Jorge did... but right behind the top four, you have four more up and comers: Espargo, Bautista, Smith and Bradl... it will be interesting to see how they develop as riders... and with the open bikes... it really will come down to the individual. I agree that Texas was good for Marquez last year... I would like to see Smith or Espargo lead that race.

What I love about Rossi is that he loves what he is doing... Burgess said in a recent interview that the reason he won't gain many new fans is because he isn't in it to win anymore... he is in it because he loves it. Now, last season and this year's starter are fantastic boosts! I would love to see him stick around for another year or three... because as the bikes get even closer... then it boils down to the riders...

I think we will see Marquez being more technical this year and not as "balzy"... because he needs to stay healthy... and because he can't risk crashing out... it could have lost him the Championship last year to Jorge... And I think Jorge is a machine... but he doesn't have the persona that Vale does... Vale is great for the sport - I hope he sticks around. Just my .02

I used to hate Jorge but after the way he broke the shoulder and came back, wow that's superman stuff. A guy has to really want it to go through that. Also Jorge is the best rider there, just doesn't have the best bike. I do wonder how fast Marquez will be riding at 80-90%. He won last year by riding the entire season at 120% and he got away with it without crashing. But if you ride like that sooner or later the odds catch up to you. I think Dani's head is blown, I just don't see a guy that's there to take it - he is doing a job.

I used to hate Jorge but after the way he broke the shoulder and came back, wow that's superman stuff. A guy has to really want it to go through that. Also Jorge is the best rider there, just doesn't have the best bike. I do wonder how fast Marquez will be riding at 80-90%. He won last year by riding the entire season at 120% and he got away with it without crashing. But if you ride like that sooner or later the odds catch up to you. I think Dani's head is blown, I just don't see a guy that's there to take it - he is doing a job.

Absolutely, Jorge is a machine. He is a no-nonsense rider and it shows in his interaction with the fans... Rossi is the class clown and Marc is the young gun riding his guts out... but at Qatar, I saw a man who was in pain and was not being careless... who waited and rode the way he had to. He didn't blaze out in the Qs, and he wasn't greased lightning during the race. He was limping in pain and icing his leg every chance he got. Dani is the Susan Lucci of MotoGP... certainly the most successful rider to NOT win a Championship.

This year will be interesting and exciting to watch!!! And...
I am already making plans for Qatar next year!!!

APRIL FOOLS, Suckers!!!

Best comment of the thread goes to MC Mustang: "Dani is the Susan Lucci of MotoGP" :rofl:

Dani is the Susan Lucci of MotoGP... certainly the most successful rider to NOT win a Championship.

Whoa dude! TMI... how about "He's the Mark Martin of MotoGP... as most successful NON-championship guy... Seriously - you keep on about that soap opera stuff and someone's gonna demand you turn in your man-card!

so I'm guessing Rossi didn't really retire???... Wow - who'd a thought such an "esteemed" member fell for that one, huh?

...and no Yamahas either... geez, talk about sensitive.

No ma'am... Definitely Susan Lucci! LOL

Me and Dani.jpg

Whoa dude! TMI... how about "He's the Mark Martin of MotoGP... as most successful NON-championship guy... Seriously - you keep on about that soap opera stuff and someone's gonna demand you turn in your man-card!

so I'm guessing Rossi didn't really retire???... Wow - who'd a thought such an "esteemed" member fell for that one, huh?

...and no Yamahas either... geez, talk about sensitive.

Hey now, when I *did* watch NASCAR, I was a Mark Martin fan...why you gotta go hating on the little fella? :laugh:

What kind of tires does Rossi run? Tuf might have something to say about that :hide:

Hey now, when I *did* watch NASCAR, I was a Mark Martin fan...why you gotta go hating on the little fella? :laugh:

What kind of tires does Rossi run? Tuf might have something to say about that :hide:

My Mark Martin remark was 100% complimentary - I love the guy. He's one of the few all-around nice guys in racing who is better than his statistics imply, that's all. Oh, and WAY more masculine as an example of "always a bridesmaid, never a bride..."

Tires, Schmires... maybe it was the lean angle, 'cause you know - there's only 1 correct way to lean a bike over....

And you're talking "effective" lean angle, right?

Right! I can't believe I forgot "effective"... my brain must have been in sport-touring mode... Oh snap - I'm supposed to use "EFFECTIVE LEAN ANGLE" when I'm touring as well. ...even though the turns on a track don't change and track conditions are close to finite while road conditions change with every turn but that doesn't matter because if I spent the time and money on track days I'd know exactly what line to take and what tires to run and proper body position and throttle control and when to brake or how to trail brake... OMG!!! I don't know anything about how to correctly operate a motorcycle!

I'm doing it completely wrong. I better sell all 3 of my bikes before I hurt myself - or someone else!

Back