Rossi not penalized

(black954 @ Sep. 19 2006,10:19) Charlesbusa, we should definately watch a race together. I think I would finally have someone as excited and spirited about it as me. I think they both got a break, Hayden with the restart and Rossi with the flag. I'll leave it at that. I would like to see a Rossi/Hayden battle in the next 3 races, it would be interesting to see how they both react with so much at stake.
I forgot where you live, is it here in LA??

Watching the last race together would be cool and definately interesting because the last race is going to determine the Title!! I also have the perfect shirt, Hayden wins everytime I wear it
wink.gif
I've only worn it twice, Laguna both times...

(black954 @ Sep. 19 2006,10:19) I would like to see a Rossi/Hayden battle in the next 3 races, it would be interesting to see how they both react with so much at stake.
I can tell you, Rossi would win hands down  
race.gif

In all honesty it isn't Rossi who is at fault here. It is the Arseholes at the FIM. For two weeks in a row they have commited two major infractions by the very rules they portend to enforce! Last week in Malaysia they set the starting grid based on practice times, which by their own rules are absolutely not to be timed for the purposes of grid selection. Rossi somehow was the only rider with the clarevoyance to put on a qualifying tire in practice! HMMM?
Advantage:Rossi
Would it have affected the outcome? Probably not but some people who were further up in the points but not running well in practice were screwed! And if they had gridded by championship points position Nicky would have another pole.
Philip island waving yellow flag incident.
Advantage: Rossi
This one definitely IMHO affected the outcome by one position. It took Hayden a while to get past Stoner after Rossi cleared him.

So I can't be pissed off at Rossi because he is without question the dude, but rules are rules and if you aint gonna enforce them equally for everyone then you have anarchy.

Jeez, that is really weak FIM!!

You can't change anything because the race is over, uh hello from your own rulebook;

In both cases, further penalties (such as fine - suspension) may also be imposed[/Quote]

Again, they don't follow their own rules  
mad.gif

But at least they acknowledge it and apologized to Nicky...

Yea, I really believe that
laugh.gif
, just like the refs in College football. Geezzzzz, we made a mistake, but the game is over so NOTHING can be done
tounge.gif

(bigoltool @ Sep. 19 2006,20:27) In all honesty it isn't Rossi who is at fault here. It is the Arseholes at the FIM. For two weeks in a row they have committed two major infractions by the very rules they portend to enforce! Last week in Malaysia they set the starting grid based on practice times, which by their own rules are absolutely not to be timed for the purposes of grid selection. Rossi somehow was the only rider with the clairvoyance to put on a qualifying tire in practice! HMMM?
Advantage:Rossi
Would it have affected the outcome? Probably not but some people who were further up in the points but not running well in practice were screwed! And if they had gridded by championship points position Nicky would have another pole.
Philip island waving yellow flag incident.
Advantage: Rossi
This one definitely IMHO affected the outcome by one position. It took Hayden a while to get past Stoner after Rossi cleared him.

So I can't be pissed off at Rossi because he is without question the dude, but rules are rules and if you ain't gonna enforce them equally for everyone then you have anarchy.
I have to agree its not rossie's fault for not being penalized but it is his fault for making the pass, new rules may have him confused but its still his responsibility to know them, had he been relegated to last he would have lost valuable points, and it wouldn't be the general public enraged, it would have been his crew... $30 million a year and to lose a championship for a mistake like that?

hmmm, and people wonder why I call him a squid....

rosie was not the only one to run a qualifier in practice and its not unusual to run qualifiers in practice, in fact I am surprised they weren't checking rain tires, they do have Doppler in Malaysia as well, the problem wasn't any obvious anticipation that the rain was coming, the problem was the drainage was clogged and a lake settled on the track, perhaps rosie tossed a case of buttwipe down there?

either way its done and in the books, everyone is focused on typhoon yagi at this point.... 80% chance of rain in Tokyo this Sunday.....

Back