Rossi injured!

bigoltool

Registered
Apparently Rossi ate it early in the first session today and had to be hauled off on a stretcher. They took him to a local hospital and gave him a CAT scan and apparently released him because he rode in the afternoon session, though not real fast. He has a fracture in his wrist and ankle and some major bruising of his "thorax". Tony Elias and Nicky hayden also crashed Early on. Hayden was uninjured but Elias has been sent back to Spain due to his injuries and will not race this weekend. Oh and Colin Edwards was quickest overall today. KRJR was 4th, Hopkins 6th and Hayden 10th.

The riders are all mourning the loss of the "Cathedral of MotoGP" as the owners have restructured the layout to shorten it and not everyone is happy about it.

First time in a while he's been injured if I remember correctly.

Apparently Rossi ate it early in the first session today and had to be hauled off on a stretcher. They took him to a local hospital and gave him a CAT scan and apparently released him because he rode in the afternoon session, though not real fast. He has a fracture in his wrist and ankle and some major bruising of his "thorax". Tony Elias and Nicky hayden also crashed Early on. Hayden was uninjured but Elias has been sent back to Spain due to his injuries and will not race this weekend. Oh and Colin Edwards was quickest overall today. KRJR was 4th, Hopkins 6th and Hayden 10th.

The riders are all mourning the loss of the "Cathedral of MotoGP" as the owners have restructured the layout to shorten it and not everyone is happy about it.
Ouch ... not good. Praying for a full recovery of all the injured MotoGP riders.

Oh my-my
wow.gif
this is gonna be interesting for the points lead. How are Capporossi and Melandri doin after last wks crash?

hate to hear that. im a rossi fan. i dont have brand loyalty and think its silly. i just like nice bikes, all of them even hd's. (dont kill me) i used to have a ninja and my last bike was an r1(before the busa). i liked them both. but being a drag racer at heart i just had to get a busa. ill have to check motogp.com to get the skinny. now maybe someone will be able to run with him. its sick the way he just "plays" with the other riders until about 5 laps left then passes 'em like they are tied to a stump. i would like to be hayden for a week though, i bet those european chiks love that hillbilly accent. other riders when they see "the dr." behind them...
1zhelp.gif

Man, I hate to hear anything like this ... and hate it even more to see it. I hope Rossi, and all of the riders from the incident in Spain, recover swiftly and get back to showing us why they're the best in the world.

I hope Rossi is able to race and stand on the box at the end.  He is fighting the hard fight in the standings due to his problems... couldn't have come at a better time for Nicky though...
How is Loris?  This season is gonna be a race to the end, that's for sure!

<!--EDIT|MC MUSTANG
Reason for Edit: "4500"|1151028151 -->

Rossi is OK.

He walked off, they didn't carry him out on a stretcher. He has hairline fractures in his wrist and ankle.

He took quite a tumble. Instead of sliding, he tumbled over and over. He's lucky he isn't hurt worse.

This is Nicky's oppurtunity. Win Assen. Go Hayden Go!!!!

FINAL QUALIFYING FOR ASSEN TT
Pos. Rider Team Bike Time
1 John Hopkins Rizla Suzuki MotoGP Suzuki GSV-R 1:36.411
2 Shinya Nakano Kawasaki Racing Team Kawasaki Ninja ZX-RR 1:36.424
3 Colin Edwards Camel Yamaha Team Yamaha YZR-M1 1:36.755
4 Nicky Hayden Repsol Honda Team Honda RC211V 1:36.758
5 Dani Pedrosa Repsol Honda Team Honda RC211V 1:36.993
6 Chris Vermeulen Rizla Suzuki MotoGP Suzuki GSV-R 1:37.077
7 Marco Melandri Fortuna Honda Honda RC211V 1:37.332
8 Carlos Checa Tech 3 Yamaha Yamaha YZR-M1 1:37.378
9 Alex Hofmann Ducati Marlboro Team Ducati Desmosedici GP-6 1:37.399
10 Kenny Roberts Jnr. Team Roberts KR211V 1:37.528
11 Randy De Puniet Kawasaki Racing Team Kawasaki Ninja ZX-RR 1:37.556
12 Casey Stoner Honda LCR Honda RC211V 1:37.660
13 Makoto Tamada Konica Minolta Honda Honda RC211V 1:37.676
14 James Ellison Tech 3 Yamaha Yamaha YZR-M1 1:38.055
15 Loris Capirossi Ducati Marlboro Team Ducati Desmosedici GP-6 1:38.060
16 Jose Luis Cardoso Team D'Antin Pramac Ducati Desmosedici GP-6 1:39.406
17 Ivan Silva Team D'Antin Pramac Ducati Desmosedici GP-6 1:39.496
18 Valentino Rossi Camel Yamaha Team Yamaha YZR-M1 1:40.298
Looks like Rossi and Capirossi are both questionable for Saturday now. But look at the top 4! Good for Hopper to finally snag a pole. Thats two this year for Suzuki.

Oh heck ya!!!!!!!

Go Nicky go!!!!!

I predict it'll be a Hayden and Pedrosa battle for the win!!!  Come on Nicky, put that little upstart in his place!!!!!

<!--EDIT|Charlesbusa
Reason for Edit: None given...|1151084178 -->

Dang I bet that hurt. I didn't even know a human had a thorax. Isn't that where bees make honey?

I actually hate that Rossi is hurt. I want Hayden to win the Championship but don't want to see him do it with Rossi on the sideline. The Championship would be much sweeter if the best are in the fight to the end, otherwise it is like winning by default...

Back