Rossi at the TT

celticBandit

Registered
Rossi was at the TT on Monday with the MCN editor. They spectated at Ago's leap for the first race and then made the winners presentations. Following that, Rossi went for a lap with Giacomo Agostini. Here's what MCN had to say:

MCN editor Marc Potter is currently watching the Superbike race at the Isle of Man with Valentino Rossi and Giacomo Agostini... At Ago's leap.

An understandably excited Potter has just phoned in and said: "John McGuinness has just gone past and Valentino said 'Fack!' and was left speechless. He then turned and asked me how fast that was.

"When I said 180mph, he and Ago had a chat to work out what that was in kmh. Then there was a sharp intake of breath. Valentino was genuinely stunned."

Here's a video:thumbsup:

- Valentino Rossi at the Isle Of Man TT 2009[/url]

Last edited by a moderator:
Outstanding, but they should let him give it a valid go !!!! :oldcool:

It must be hard to ride the course with only one hand on the bars, and the other waving at everyone all the time.
Thanks!

Rossi was just there as a spectator making a "parade lap" Even he said he is happy the GP circuit no longer implements that course in their schedule.
The real hero is John McGuinness that week. Those guys have got some friggin' balls racing along at 180+ along those town streets. Fargin' Nuts!
So pissed Speed Channel did not show this race :11zpissed:

I know exactly how Rossi felt when he said "Fack".

The first time you go to the TT, that first bike that passes you at 180+, there is nothing that will prepare you for the sound and feeling, so close. You can feel it right down in your gut. Also the feeling of excitement mixed with dread cause you know if these guys fall off, their chances are slim of surviving. I've been to many close circuit races, MotoGP and BSB etc. Nothing comes even close to the TT. Those guys are real heroes.

That race is brutal. bouncy country roads, sharp unexpected turns, 4 to 6 ft drifts and riders pushing anywhere from 130 to 180 MPH throughout the course! Richard Quayle only a few years ago wrecked really bad when his shoulder or elbow brushed up against a mountainside on a sharp turn doing 150 MPH. It was enough to fling his hands off the bars. He hit barriers, and all kinds of crap on the outside of the turn and really got messed up! Thats one Bad A - - race!

Anyone remember when the Canadian TT is being held this year ??? ? I would sure like to go :beerchug:

Nothing even comes close in the racing world,or life in general for that matter!:bowdown::bowdown::bowdown:
The personal reward must be special,on another level, for those guys.:beerchug:

Rossi was just there as a spectator making a "parade lap" Even he said he is happy the GP circuit no longer implements that course in their schedule.
The real hero is John McGuinness that week. Those guys have got some friggin' balls racing along at 180+ along those town streets. Fargin' Nuts!
So pissed Speed Channel did not show this race :11zpissed:

not just 180 mph, but 180 mph AND catching 10+ feet of air! :bowdown:

for those who haven't seen past TT's on video, here's a small taste:

Last edited by a moderator:
Back