Roses for Guns in South Carolina

"Good news for women looking for a sweetheart, but unfortunately for single men, the study found that it's impossible to tell if a woman is really interested or not." :rofl::rofl: Aint that the truth!!! As for the "guns for roses" program, I can't believe people actually did that. Who in the world would intentionally trade a gun in for a single rose. . . I'd like to know how much the best buy card was for.

What a bunch of morons...all of 'em.
The idiots that think they are reducing crime with this lame program
(wonder how many crack dealers or car jackers turned in their guns
for the rose ???)
and the idiots that actually turned in their guns for a rose...gawd:banghead:

"good news for women looking for a sweetheart, but unfortunately for single men, the study found that it's impossible to tell if a woman is really interested or not." :rofl::rofl: Aint that the truth!!! As for the "guns for roses" program, i can't believe people actually did that. Who in the world would intentionally trade a gun in for a single rose. . . I'd like to know how much the best buy card was for.

$100

$50 bucks! I'd like to have been there to offer them more for the gun if it was worthy and risk having them took from us in the future!

"Good news for women looking for a sweetheart, but unfortunately for single men, the study found that it's impossible to tell if a woman is really interested or not." :rofl::rofl: Aint that the truth!!! As for the "guns for roses" program, I can't believe people actually did that. Who in the world would intentionally trade a gun in for a single rose. . . I'd like to know how much the best buy card was for.

Thanks for that great clip and it sure does put into perspective what we were fighting for... "FREDOM." Many don't understand we are still fighting for and so it will not be so easy for anyone to just say, hand over your freedom, give it up! So whoever, U.S. or drug dealers, 3rd worlds just march in and do what ever.

Last edited by a moderator:

people who didnt pay for the gun in the first place. these are the guns we should get off the street.

First off I am a happy gun owner BUT I think this was a great idea BECAUSE it worked. I would have never thought this would work. I'll bet that the people that turned in a gun did not pay for it or had it legally in the first place.

Aren't these the guns we want off the street?

The reason we can't understand why people would do this is cause we all have our guns legally and paid for them.

people who didnt pay for the gun in the first place. these are the guns we should get off the street.

And why is that? Some guns were gifts or inheritances.

By "on the street" are you talking about guns in the hands of criminals? If so, then I agree with you whole heartedly. If you're talking about guns owned legally by law-abiding citizens, then I take issue with that.

--Wag--

What a bunch of morons...all of 'em.
The idiots that think they are reducing crime with this lame program
(wonder how many crack dealers or car jackers turned in their guns
for the rose ???)
and the idiots that actually turned in their guns for a rose...gawd:banghead:

what i think helped is it IS (although not much) a few more guns off the street that are out there illegally. THESE are the guns that are used in crimes or are stolen.

Think about it. If a robber has 2 guns and he thinks he can turn just 1 in for a rose:laugh: than he is left with only 1 instead of 2. Does this not sound good? So now he doesnt have an extra to loan to a buddy (if you know what I mean)

The bottom line is....the more "illegal" guns we can get off the street the better.

And why is that? Some guns were gifts or inheritances.

By "on the street" are you talking about guns in the hands of criminals? If so, then I agree with you whole heartedly. If you're talking about guns owned legally by law-abiding citizens, then I take issue with that.

--Wag--

I mean guns that were stolen. I'd be willing to bet that was the case in most of these guns turned in.

I LOVE guns. I am proud of ea. of my guns. And yes by on the street I mean criminals.

I doubt anything of value was turned in :whistle:

exactly my thoughts. People don't turn in quality firearms in these programs, it's usually those old junk guns that are no longer functional or have outlived their uses and people just don't know how to dispose of them. I mean what do you do with an old gun, can't just throw it in the dumpster and many times they aren't worth anything or at best very little.

Liberals who know little or nothing about guns believe they are doing a good deed. Insert warm fuzzy feeling here! In their mind they are taking guns from criminals when in fact they are just mostly collecting junk that isn't worth the price paid for them in these type programs.

What law abidding citizen is going to give their gun away unless its worth less that the gift card:laugh:

exactly my thoughts. People don't turn in quality firearms in these programs, it's usually those old junk guns that are no longer functional or have outlived their uses and people just don't know how to dispose of them. I mean what do you do with an old gun, can't just throw it in the dumpster and many times they aren't worth anything or at best very little.

Liberals who know little or nothing about guns believe they are doing a good deed. Insert warm fuzzy feeling here! In their mind they are taking guns from criminals when in fact they are just mostly collecting junk that isn't worth the price paid for them in these type programs.

That is a thought i didnt think of. I guess to me growing up our guns were always usable. If not than they were collectable's and worth even more:laugh:

First off I am a happy gun owner BUT I think this was a great idea BECAUSE it worked. I would have never thought this would work. I'll bet that the people that turned in a gun did not pay for it or had it legally in the first place.

Aren't these the guns we want off the street?

The reason we can't understand why people would do this is cause we all have our guns legally and paid for them.

Very true, that unwanted gun might be the one a toddler finds.

cheers
ken

Back