Room behind the gauges for EL sheet?

redkat05

Dear spring....... HURRY!
Donating Member
Registered
Does anyone that's had the gauges apart have knowledge of the room between circuit board and faces? I was thinking of cutting out an EL sheet to give me the lighting effect I wanted without having to install new smd's like the typical mod

Does anyone that's had the gauges apart have knowledge of the room between circuit board and faces? I was thinking of cutting out an EL sheet to give me the lighting effect I wanted without having to install new smd's like the typical mod

I can go off base and grab my gauges tomorrow and let you know perhaps if the weather isnt too bad.

I dont have any pics of the board but basically the faces are raised about half an inch off the board with a plastic bracket. You could try to slip something under the faces between the faces and their bracket? Installing new SMDs would probly be easier :laugh:

I'd appreciate it brotha. PMme when ya find out

Will do :beerchug:

You probably wouldnt have to put it between the faces and the board but rather just take off the faces and slip it under the faces... But then you have to remove the needles. What kind of material are you looking to put between it? Is it flexible ?

Yeah quite flexible. What would I have to do in order to remove and reinstall my needles correctly

Back