Rookie Questions

fastball44

Registered
Picking up an '05 Hayabusa from the Forward Air terminal on Monday. I need to know what size allen wrench accesses the battery. The battery has been disconnected and I will need to hook it up. I am told the seat needs to be removed. What type of wrench will I need to put the battery cable back onto the terminal? Any tips or help would be appreciated. I assume its a straight forward operation? Seems a simple question, but I have to drive over there without my tool box and do this stuff to get it back home. Thanks in advance.

I'm not 100% sure but the tool kit that comes on the bike should be enough. I have not had to tinker with the battery but everything else I've done I just used the tool kit that came with the scoot + a torque wrench.

Thanks for the response, but I assume the tool kit will be under the seat?? I sitll would have to get under the seat to access the tools. Am I correct?

The tool kit is under the passenger seat/hump. Accessable with the key. It will have the allen wrench that you need in it. Have fun with the new busa!!
biggrin.gif

Easily done with the OEM tool kit. Hopefully it comes with one. If not, most of the allen bolts are 4.5 or 5 mm. Other bolts on the bike are mostly 8 or 10 mm. That and a Phillips screwdriver are probably all you will need.

I would take a set of metric allen wrenches and a screw driver with me. Do not count on all of the tools being in the kit.

Back