Rookie Question

GSXTacy

Mr. January
Donating Member
Registered
1zhelp.gif
OK guys, rookie question. The only thing I don’t like about the bike is the top of the shield blocks most of the instrument panel. I have to duck down a few inches from my natural riding position to see anything. Will a double bubble shield help this, or am I just going to have to get used to it?

How tall are you? Most taller riders don't see the gauges even using the DB, but shorter riders can get a little help simply from the curvature of the center of the screen.

Okay, reread my post and realized it made very little sense. The purpose of the DB is to deflect some of the airflow over and around the rider and because of the shape provide more visibility to the gauge cluster. That helps the taller riders see all of the gauges not just the bottom 2/3s or 3/4s in the riding position. Shorter riders shouldn't have any problems seeing the gauges with the stock screen. Check out this thread for opinions of the DB: <a href="https://www.hayabusa.org/cgi-bin/busa/ikonboard.cgi?act=ST;f=6;t=21427;hl=double+bubble">Double Bubble<a>

YEah I am 6' 4" had to get a ZG DB also. I love the look. I would suggest dark smoke, the smoke is nice but DS looks so much better IMO.

YEah I am 6' 4" had to get a ZG DB also.  I love the look.  I would suggest dark smoke, the smoke is nice but DS looks so much better IMO.
What he said. I'm 6'5" and my ZG DB works great. I've also used the PowerBronze and it's a little better quality, but as far as function goes, you can't go wrong with either one. The only thing with the ZG is that the fitment isn't quite right. Almost 90% of us used some electrical tape on the end of the screen to make it fit snuggly. If you don't use tape, then you will get some annoying rattling, but it's an easy and inexpensive fix. Good luck.

Hopefully you can see how it would provide more visibility of the gauges.

6'0" and have the Zero Gravity Sport Tourer screen and it solved the instrument panel visibility and moved the wind blast off my chest (I don't ride with my chin on the tank all the time...)

Why would you be looking at the gauges anyway...Warp is warp...
evil.gif

Back