Roll racing from 50-150 or 60-170 questions on gearing etc....

FILT166

Registered
Ok guys I have a few questions, maybe ill get some info needed for these races. We have a few cars that are pretty quick and they've been beating up on a few liter bikes. They wanna step up to busas. So myself and a few other busas are gonna lay he smack down on them but I just wanna make sure on my bike.

It's a 99, 6" over arm, full muzzy exhaust, pc3 tuned by Johnny cheese but tuned for small box mod but I haven't done it yet, geared -1 front +2 rear. Pilot power tires.... That's all done to it

So my questions are......
What do you think about this gearing on this bike from around 50-150 or 60-170?
What about the small box mod, is it worth it for roll racing or leave it Stock? I have another air box to mod
I have my stock sprockets also to put on or mix n match.

I'd really like some input if anyone has any from experience... Thanks

I hear there is a lot of this type of racing going on in Houston now

The lower the mph the race start at, the better upper hand you will have. what type of cars are you racing

Also over in Pensacola Fl, And Mobile Al. You should be fine, but your going to spin on the hit with them tires from 1st gear. do a 60mph roll on and be in 2nd with that gearing... just my opinion

Newer Z06 with spray running high 9 at 144 in the 1/4.
Twin turbo lambo, twin turbo vette, turbo mustang, twin turbo Audi etc....
Yeah my friend on his sprayed gsxr 1k used to go to Houston all the time to play with cars there and he got spanked by some cars he said. But then Houston has some fast street cars.

I was hoping I wouldn't spin that much with these tires as with the pos 003 shinkos it spins bad already. With this gearing 1st gear will be very short, like a blip of the throttle then shift. It may have to be a second gear punch unless I swap out the gears. We will video these runs also and ill post up. I just need more info

Another non riding busa owner! Why don't i run in to these guy's up here in NY! I give less than 2 ****s about a Nissan GTR!

Newer Z06 with spray running high 9 at 144 in the 1/4.
Twin turbo lambo, twin turbo vette, turbo mustang, twin turbo Audi etc....
Yeah my friend on his sprayed gsxr 1k used to go to Houston all the time to play with cars there and he got spanked by some cars he said. But then Houston has some fast street cars.

I was hoping I wouldn't spin that much with these tires as with the pos 003 shinkos it spins bad already. With this gearing 1st gear will be very short, like a blip of the throttle then shift. It may have to be a second gear punch unless I swap out the gears. We will video these runs also and ill post up. I just need more info

Leave the twin turbos along.(if they are truely built ones) stock busa will have a hard time with 1000 hp from a rolling start

Ok guys I have a few questions, maybe ill get some info needed for these races. We have a few cars that are pretty quick and they've been beating up on a few liter bikes. They wanna step up to busas. So myself and a few other busas are gonna lay he smack down on them but I just wanna make sure on my bike.

It's a 99, 6" over arm, full muzzy exhaust, pc3 tuned by Johnny cheese but tuned for small box mod but I haven't done it yet, geared -1 front +2 rear. Pilot power tires.... That's all done to it

So my questions are......
What do you think about this gearing on this bike from around 50-150 or 60-170?
What about the small box mod, is it worth it for roll racing or leave it Stock? I have another air box to mod
I have my stock sprockets also to put on or mix n match.

I'd really like some input if anyone has any from experience... Thanks

With those mods you are going to get completely ruined. You need a built 1397 or 1441cc bike if you want to really play just with the basic 900-1kwhp cars. If you want to play with the Twin Turbo Gallardo's you are going to need a Turbo-BUSA making 300whp+....and that's just to hang with them, not walk away!

Some examples:

Basic BUSA:
VS Viper - YouTube[/url]

JohnVon's BUSA (making about 210whp-the Nitrous didn't work)..
- 1300 - 1500hp TT Lambo's vs 300hp Busa 1100hp TT Viper vs 1200hp Supra - YouTube[/url]

BUSA trying to keep up:
turbo Gallardo vs AMC Hornet Pure Rape - YouTube[/url]

Turbo BUSA:
Racing Gallardo vs. Shamrock Racing Turbo Hayabusa - YouTube[/url]

You need to find another 100-200whp if you want to beat them at the ROLL RACE game... ;)

Last edited by a moderator:
I don't think that TT lambo is making that kind of HP compared to those on the vids from what I was told. I think we're gonna run some z06 vetted on spray first then see what happens. I'm just gonna run the cars under 1k horse power and I don't think any are making close to that mark. The z06 is making 750 to the wheels on a 150 shot and if beaten, will do a 250 shot.

So on my gearing? Any input?
Small box mod? Do or don't do it?

I don't think that TT lambo is making that kind of HP compared to those on the vids from what I was told. I think we're gonna run some z06 vetted on spray first then see what happens. I'm just gonna run the cars under 1k horse power and I don't think any are making close to that mark. The z06 is making 750 to the wheels on a 150 shot and if beaten, will do a 250 shot.

So on my gearing? Any input?
Small box mod? Do or don't do it?

If that's the case you may be okay but it'll be close depending on your size and skill.

I would do a small box mod for sure, that should have been done with the pipe first thing.

Gearing is a little short for rolls. Are you hooking or spinning at those speeds? If you are unrestricted you will struggle to pull 175mph with that gearing (50-series tire). I would go 16/40 at least to get you into the 180s if you have a fresh tire.

It spins bad with the 003 shinkos but they are old also.
I have a fresh 190/50 pilot power for it.
The gearing on the bike was setup for drag racing initially, I just never changed it back.

The gearing on the bike was setup for drag racing initially, I just never changed it back.

Get it to hook or it will be ugly...

That's some funny shid...:rofl: Go ahead and mod you box, put on some new rubber and play w/ you sprockets all you want.
You will be experiencing exactly what that kid did when he got served by the GTR...Make sure you get your reaction on vid for us!

"You are gonna need a bigger boat" :laugh:

A Bigger Boat - Movie Clip from Jaws at WingClips.com

With the mods you have listed on a genI busa you will get your azz handed to you playing with 1000 hp turbo \ nitrous cars all around the board. May want to gear it low.. get rid of the stinko tires and put a good tire on such as a pilot power or Q2 and do a 50mph - 120mph

VS Busa - YouTube[/url]
Me on the stock gen 2 from 60-160 then I let off. Z06 is making about 750 to the wheels. The twin turbo cars I don't know when they will be out but they will spank us. Ill play with 1000 or less

Last edited by a moderator:
Back