Roll call thread for ECU flashers

smithabusa

Site Sponsor
Registered
I tested the first one last night, and am going to start putting some together this weekend, if you would like one (pricing i am still unsure on, its going to be a little more than the gen 1 setup but not too much ECU Flashing ) post your name up so I can make up a list. Trying to see how many I should start prepping.

Thanks,

Greg

I would like to do this flashing.. but don't know how to put my custom map in the stock ecu. It seems to me that I can change the top speed limiter myself but thats about it. I am not a tuner and my tuner doesn't flash. Any information would be great. Thanks, Dozer.

If your tuner WONT flash sounds like you need to find another tuner or stick with the power commander for fueling stuff. If you just want the limiter bumped up and de-restriction done you could always just send your ecu to be flashed.

Greg

If your tuner WONT flash sounds like you need to find another tuner or stick with the power commander for fueling stuff. If you just want the limiter bumped up and de-restriction done you could always just send your ecu to be flashed.

Greg

Didn't think of sending it out...any idea of pricing and do you do it? I like my tuner so I will have to stay with my Bazzaz for now.

Give me a week or so to make sure all is good with everything but I will hook you up with a good price :)

its going to be in the $200 ish ballpark. The gen 1 setup sells for $180 shipped, this setup is a little more involved putting it together and costs more in parts.

I am probably going to be in,was getting ready to order exhaust and pcv, so i guess i will wait on pcv and probably go this route, if i can find someone to tune it.

Exactly what is it that you are selling? A reflash of the ECU or the abilty to allow you to reflash the ECU? I'm interested because I have full exhaust and just stock ignition with no mods.

there is another thread stickied in this section that has details and pics on it, but basically its a hardware kit to go along with free software that petrik has provided to allow you to tune your ecu

So then no need for TRE or PC correct? Do they have any baselines tunes? Do you save the stock tune first and then load in the new?

no need for tre ever anyway, but yes no need for it, or power commander etc. software has been available for about a week, so no tunes yet.

you start with a basemap, then as you make changes you flash them and save them.

Thanks to Rick at Rick's Custom Cycle in Garden City, MI who let me install this on his 08 busa and make sure it worked, and it did :)

A few pics, install was cake, take a paper clip and push the white dummy plugs out of pins 25 and 28 out from the front of the connector through the back. Then just insert the 2 pins, the green wire i had was 22 gauge (sorty flimsy) and i had to use a small screw driver to push it all the way in, the 20 gauge brown wire i inserted with just fingers. no need to remove the back cap or anything, just insert until it clicks, easy cheesy!

We removed the battery to get the ecu connector up further, and pulled the barometric pressure sensor off its little base bracket so i could get at the yosh and sds. I would say maybe 5 minutes if that to wire in the tiny 2 wire harness. We unlocked the yellow lock in the yosh plug, to insert my green and brown wires into proper locations, then put the lock back on.

To start with we flashed 12,000 RPM limiter hardcut only, no gear limiters, i think that was it.

DSC_1171.jpg

DSC_1174.jpg

DSC_1175.jpg

DSC_1176.jpg

DSC_1179.jpg

DSC_1184.jpg

DSC_1180.jpg

DSC_1170.jpg

gen2limiters.jpg

I'm ready for one for sure. Just wondering if anyone will make premade maps available to get into the ballpark for those without a tuner or dyno? Let me know when they are available and the price in a pm, thanks. :thumbsup:

Back