Roethlisberger injured!

IM A DIE HARD COLTS FAN BUT I HOPE HE WILL RECOVER ALSO.I saw the bike on cnn i thought it was a busa fron rear grab bar but front was totaled.Hes a tough guy i think he can recover

http://www.thebigshow.com/home/html_index2.html

This is a link to the website for an extremely popular morning talk show that is pumped out all over the South (I think it is outta Charlotte). Posted just for some perspective.

*Rant Warning*

So there is this character on the show named Robert D Raiford. This older gent is a rider (Harley) and makes no small point of it in his little tirades - he is usually pretty entertaining with his almost Archie Bunker like view on the world and he had more than a couple of cents to throw into this situation. He does some rides with Kyle Petty and is a riding advocate in general and some of what he said made perfect sense but he eventually laid into 'crotch rockets' and used them in more or less the same light as pit bulls are perceived in the dog world. Typical HD rider fodder about how crotch rockets bring out the worst in people, reflect general poor judgement on the part of anyone who owns one and that by riding one we are just tap dancing on a land mine - the bike caused the situation, not the cage, not the rider, the bike's attitude did it....

We listen to this station in the office and I nearly flipped my desk over after listening to all this...

I really hope that Mr. Rothlisberger is going to be ok, just like I hope that the people who are lambasted here in underdressed, undergeared pics are going to be ok - everyone has loved ones and no one DESERVES to be injured in a vehicle accident, even if they did something stupid... I have a 21 year old kid who is a good case in point - he did something stupid and paid a dear price.

Anyhoo, this popular, bike riding radio guy was bashing our bike (sounded like it to me anyway) and I sent him an email to ask 'when did Harley Davidson come out with a device that makes the bike magically jump cars that might pull out in front of it'. Kinda fumed me that a fellow rider, with a large audience and microphone could be so jaded (narrow minded) to turn a person's tragedy into a thinly disguised brand bashing session....

I did fight back tho'
rant.gif

Back