Rode the snake today!

pack mule

formerly known as rtgt
Registered
Me and my wife rode to Shady Valley TN today with a little side track to Valle Crucis. I took a picture outside of the Mast General Store and one inside, wish the inside one turned out better. The store is the oldest continually operation store in the U.S. I think 1883 is the year it opened. The inside pic was taken on the second floor, the floor slopes toward the front of the store. It probably drops a foot and a half from the center out. The snake or Hwy 421 was a good ride. No LEO's the whole way out and back. They were several sportbikes tearing it up. A gsxr 750 and aprilla both in full leathers dragging a knee. I had my wife onboard so no agressive riding for me. She did tell me the ride wouldn't have been possible without the seatback:thumbsup: All told about 225 miles today. Next trip on 421 I will be by myself.

100_2529.jpg

100_2531.jpg

100_2532.jpg

looks like a nice day for the ride, sometimes its just nice to take it slow sometimes and enjoy the scene's

I've seen some bikes with Snake 421 decals and have always wondered where it was. Thanks for sharing, I now have a new destination to ride.

how far is this from the pigeon forge area? i was planning on being there two weeks from now and then going over to robbinsville to take the wifey on the dragon and cherohala
Posted via Mobile Device

It's between Bristol TN and Boone NC. From the Blue Ridge Parkway outside of Boone about 35 minutes. It was Fri. after lunch and no leos , I only past 2 cars both coming and going. The road was pretty good in most spots, a little gravel in one corner looked like from a storm the day before. It was alot like the dragon with the 180 turns, just more spread out. The sign said something like 489 curves in 12 miles. Here is a link Shady Valley Country Store

Back