Rode "The Dragon" this past Saturday...it took 7 hours!!

VaBusa

oRg Gal
Staff member
Administrator
I was asked to help out with a local cycling event...they needed motorcyclists to lead and follow cyclists that had signed up for 100 miles of the area back roads, trying to minimize their risk by putting us in harms way. Since we're usually there anyway, I figured WTH. :)

I was nervous about Caesar overheating at such low speeds all day, and wondering how I'd feel going that slow for so long, but I'm happy to say it was a cool day, only got up to the low 70's maybe, and I went slow enough to be able read the route map! I learned that motorcyclists are NOT the most insane riders on two wheels...nope, that title is reserved for cyclists! They hate to lose their momentum and rarely stop for any of those pesky red stop signs or at intersections, or look before running across multiple lanes of traffic to make left hand turns :laugh: They truly appreciated all of the motorcyclists that showed up, and only 3 of us signed up for the full 100 mile route, myself included. I was the only one on two; the others in my group were a trike and a Can Am Spyder. I made some new friends to ride with and averaged about 15 mph for the entire day, for 100 miles! Proof that the Hayabusa can go slow too...

Got a t-shirt as proof of my accomplishment...a completely different kind of Dragon :rofl:

uploadfromtaptalk1318362116823.jpg

Damn, no clue why my DX laid that on its side... :rofl:

Via DROID X

uploadfromtaptalk1318362116823.jpg

Last edited:
Back