Rode it home!

Zachary

Registered
Just picked up a brand new 2001 Busa yesterday and rode it 190 miles to its new home. Left the dealer with zero miles on the odometer. What a machine!!! Could not believe the power, (must respect that or else) comfort of the seat, and the bike overall especially being 6'2" and 200 lbs. The blue/silver color scheme is well done. Can't wait till the weather gets warmer!! Riding home with temp in the 30s was a bitch. Only the fingers got cold and nothing a good glass of bourbon didn't fix after the ride was over.
cool.gif

cool.gif

cool.gif

How many bikes have you had in the past? I know feeling that you experienced. There is nothing like ridig one home from the dealership. Congrats !!!
aktion033.gif
aktion033.gif
aktion033.gif
ernaehrung019.gif

aktion033.gif

aktion033.gif

Try and remeber to keep it under 5000 rpm for the first 600 miles, there is an argument to nail em from the begining but I would stick to what the manual says.
and don't forget ,it can only get better !!!!
WELCOME TO THE CLUB !!
aktion033.gif
aktion033.gif
aktion035.gif
aktion035.gif

aktion033.gif

aktion035.gif

Zachary, I have been thinking about this since I read your post earlier... I nominate Zachary for the die hard "I want my Busa today" guy.. You gotta be tough to ride any bike that far when it's that cold.... Hats off to ya

ernaehrung019.gif
ernaehrung019.gif

ernaehrung019.gif

Captain, the Busa is my 7th machine since I started riding about 20 yrs ago. Its the 5th machine in the garage now. Had to clean up the garage to allow the wife to park her car in it with the cold weather upon us. Its a small consolation ya know. I kept the revs below 5k for the ride home and had to watch the traction. With the outside temp at 35-40F tires would not get hot enuf to breakin so I was basically ridin straight and level for the ride home. There was brutal wind happening too and that made the ride home a bit more difficult too. Finally got some cover in the last 50 miles. I'll be lookin at get a replacement windscreen and helibars added soon. Any recommendations on model of windscreen?

Hey Zac congratulations. Me myself know that feeling. What kinda system you gonna use, as far as exhaust? trying to decide what i'm gonna get. looking at the HMF but i already ordered the Micron.

Congrats on the bike, I did the same thing I bought mine and rode it home 70mi. It was awesome.

Back