Rode for the first time since Rayabusa's death

Rev. 6:5

Registered
I didn't know the guy, but his horrible MURDER really bothered me. I literally haven't turned the key on my Busa since. I honestly was afraid to ride.....and I've been riding for 23 years now. I juiced up my battery, threw on all my gear and did 100 miles today. I found myself to be a more timid rider than before, so maybe this was God's way of telling me to slow down a LOT. :poke:

Maybe so...

Read the signs and follow your gut; you'll never regret a decision made when following your instincts.

Long time, no see! :welcome:back

I will admit it was fun. :) I fall in love with this bike every single time I ride it. What an amazing machine.

Welcome back. I didn't know Don as well as some here, but his senseless death made me realize I needed to ride even more than I do and get all there is out of life. That man did. RIP Don.

I will admit it was fun. :) I fall in love with this bike every single time I ride it. What an amazing machine.

I was just going to say....I bet it felt really nice for you though. Don would appreciate the fact that you are back aboard and riding.

My bike has this effect on me too. I go to many local demo days and ride all different makes, models... Nothing like the unique smooth acceleration, quiet purr to extreme roar....

yea rays death hit us all pretty hard. Good to see you ride'n again. take it easy and enjoy. Ray would want u to ride. Cheers ray :beerchug:

Hey, Rev! Good to see you back again! Last I heard you were completing an exercise in self-control using the Dallas Cowboy cheerleaders as temptation...:laugh: (oh, yea, and some award thing-y, too! Seriously though, good job!! :thumbsup:)

I look forward to the day I can climb back on mine. Still have many parts to replace, mostly bigger dollar items like all the plastics, an engine side cover, etc. 'Hearing' what you said about the thrill never getting old makes me really miss my ride. I really hope this year has some 'busa blessings' in it as I would sure like to get back on the road an reattach to that big 'ole twist-the-wrist grin you can't get from any other type of motor-vation.

Have a Good 'un, my brother!! :thumbsup: :beerchug:

Last edited:
+1 on it's good to hear you are back on two wheels again, i know Rayabusa would not want any of us to stop living the life we love...he believed in making every day be all it could be and never missing a chance to ride...i truly believe he is looking down on us and i can almost hear his laugh sometimes when everything comes together for a great ride

there is nothing wrong with realizing that this is a dangerous sport and taking some extra precautions...in fact, if a person loses their ability to enjoy a ride and feels in their "gut" that they should hang it up for a while, i won't give them any grief...it seems you did what other friends of mine have done over the years and took a break until it was the time for you to ride again...take your time, do what is right for you, and know that we are always glad to have you around :beerchug:

last summer i lost a friend that had said on occasion, "if i die doin what i love, don't cry for my brother." hard not to after hes gone. but i just ride way more carefully, and more florescent too.
to live to ride another day brother.

I gotta say over the past year I have felt the same way. One of the guys here at the shop was killed in a motorcycle accident then Don, had me second guessing and thinking about riding just on the track. First year in Asheville I rode 17k miles last year just under 1k. It was good for me to take a break and really think about what riding means to me.

This year I hope to get out and enjoy riding like I used to, met people go for long rides to no where. I know if Zy or Don were here that's what they would be doing..

I haven't ridden since we lost Don either :down: Just not in me; I hadn't even thought about it much in a long time. Now that Spring is coming, I do find that I'm eyeing my Busa and ready to pull him out, clean him off and take a spin.

Don would want us out riding and enjoying every moment of life. I miss him so much... :love:

Back