rode an rc51 yesterday...

TonyMastodon

Big Blue Burrito!
Registered
And I must say...I wasn't impressed... felt like it was gut less. Didn't wanna move at all...

And I looked like a monkey Fing a coconut on it :p..but still fun to ride!
Posted via Mobile Device

haha i know, believe me, people were looking.. but i didnt mind..people knew it wasnt my bike... my friend (little guy) was on mine and i was wearing the hayabusa jacket.

it was still fun :p

I think Rocky , purplebusa1300 owned one, then bought a Busa, and I believe has bought something else now. His was red and white. V-Twin isn't it ?

I rode one, that was the most god awful uncomfortable ride ever. I hated it. And to think I almost bought one a few months before I rode one.

Never rode one but fond of the exhaust note and looks. Glad I didn't get one....

I got to test ride one last year; was not impressed (Felt down on power) although the exhaust note was kinda neat....

yes yes a little guy rode it :p... it was nice to see what my bike looked like going down the freeway :p

and yes, the best thing about the bike was the exhaust. he has a muzzy single pipe... it sounds great....but still under powered.

Well Tony, I'm gonna say this then I'm goin home. You about can't compare it to the busa. :laugh: Ride on brother. I'll check back tomorrow. Bye.

I looked like a monkey Fing a coconut on it :p..but still fun to ride!
I felt the same way when I test rode a TL1000. Kinda hard fitting 6'4" on a small bike like that, but it WAS a fun ride.
I looked at an RC51 a few years ago. It felt like I was trying to do a handstand reaching down for the bars, and stories of 118 rwhp underwhelmed me.

IMO, if it had somewhere around 140-150 rwhp, I might have considered it, but in reality, its just too small a bike for me.
Same with a Ducati 1198 I looked at. GORGEOUS bike, but seems built for those 5'9" and under, Im afraid.
:rulez:

(Now, that KTM 990 Supermoto, though...)
:banana:

I remember the reviews when the RC51 first came out. It was intended as a racing/track bike effort by Honda and it had great stability and a good starting platform to build a good racer out of. Stock though power was low and handling was kind of slow on the street. As I remember it didn't sell too well but it does have some value as a collector for those who want one. My local Kawi dealer has one in the showroom and it has been there for a few months at least so....

I passed an RC51 one day and the exhaust sound was awesome. AFter I passed him, I slowed down and got behind him to listen to the exhaust for a few miles. It was cool !

I used to Race one. Get it up about 9K & it sure wasn't gutless.

RC51_Done2.jpg

I used to Race one. Get it up about 9K & it sure wasn't gutless.

ahhh that might have been it...it wasnt my bike and i didnt wanna redline it the first time i got on it :p... ill try it again some other time im sure...

next on my list is my friends 07 R1 (he just picked it up, less than 100 miles on it)... could i expect the same thing about it?

Last year one of my customers threw me the keys to his and told me to take it for a rip.:whistle: I wasn't impressed at all. ???I actually had to ask what the displacement was because I didn't know Hondas that well back then and I sure couldn't tell from the power.:poke:

Last year one of my customers threw me the keys to his and told me to take it for a rip.:whistle: I wasn't impressed at all. ???I actually had to ask what the displacement was because I didn't know Hondas that well back then and I sure couldn't tell from the power.:poke:

thats what i was thinking!!! ive never been on any other street bike than the busa..sooo, in my mind i was thinking "oh, it will be just like the busa, just not past 160mph"...

i was dead wrong...ive been in cars that pulled harder than that bike.

Back