rode a 04 r1 home from the dealer.....

willgetbusa

Registered
for my nephew yesterday. he was lucky to find one in silver. best looking liter imho. smooth power delivery, very balance and agile. however, it felt a little cramp and there were alot more pressure on my wrists as appose to the busa. we checked w/ at least 25 yamaha dealerships in california was only able to locate 3, the silver he got in modesto and 2 red ones in san mateo. the 04 are sold out according to the dealers.

Does it look anything like this one?
rock.gif

bikes_only.jpg

Yeah, the R1 was the least comfortable for me when I was shoppin' this time followed by the CBR1000RR. The gixxer 1k was second in comfort behind the 10. I didn't have any particular complaints about the gixxer, it just didn't feel like it fit me as well. The 10 felt more natural.

Just one question... Why didn't HE ride the R1 home from the dealership?
rock.gif

Yeah, the R1 was the least comfortable for me when I was shoppin' this time followed by the CBR1000RR. The gixxer 1k was second in comfort behind the 10. I didn't have any particular complaints about the gixxer, it just didn't feel like it fit me as well. The 10 felt more natural.

Just one question... Why didn't HE ride the R1 home from the dealership?
rock.gif
he hasn't rode a bike in a few years and trusted my 'superb' riding skills. he said that if i can handle the 'awsome busa then the liter bikes should be a piece a cake for me'. he was right!!!
jump9.gif

<!--EDIT|willgetbusa
Reason for Edit: None given...|1099091629 -->

Nice bike but I like the red color better.  Pretty powerful?
powerful enough for the public settings imho. doesn't take off as hard as the busa but has better six gear roll on at 60mph but we all know that already due to the different rpm range. it's about 4k rpm at 80mph for the bus in 6th gear and about 5.5k rpm for the r1 at the same speed and gear. top end from 150mph on, not sure yet because it's a brand new bike so got to break it in right but i think the busa will take it. although the bus feels like it has more force, i think the liters finally caught up to the bus in terms of power/speed and the 05 gixxer 1k will probably surpass it. however, these liters with 600cc deminsion just don't fit me like the busa so i'll be keeping my old 99 bus. red colors are nice too but i don't think it matters much because the r1 is the best looking liter bar none. the r1's power and looks combo is probably why it's all sold out.

he hasn't rode a bike in a few years and trusted my 'superb' riding skills. he said that if i can handle the 'awsome busa then the liter bikes should be a piece a cake for me'. he was right!!!
jump9.gif
Ok, I believe the first part of all that... That last part? Hmmm...
laugh.gif
those are his words but i think he was just saying that so i won't say no. the bus does feel like it has more force but it was actually harder to ride the r1 due to it's 600cc deminsions. luckily, i only had to ride it for 40 miles from the dealer.

those are his words but i think he was just saying that so i won't say no. the bus does feel like it has more force but it was actually harder to ride the r1 due to it's 600cc deminsions. luckily, i only had to ride it for 40 miles from the dealer.
I was just pokin' fun, man. I know where you're comin' from.
wink.gif
My bud that bought the 6RR almost got me to ride it home for him, too. He decided to trailer it instead. He still handed the keys over and had me take it up the road after we got home to see what I thought about it.

I can't speak on the R1's feel compared to the busa but to me, the 10 seems like it pulls harder than Train did up until I put on the 43t rear sprocket. The 10 honestly feels like it pulls at least as hard now as Train did with the 43t sprocket. That's all above 6k though. Down low you KNOW you ain't ridin' a busa.

I'm thinkin' that the 10's wheelie prone nature and it's quickness to float the front tire may contribute somewhat to that impression, but I honestly would not have any fear of doin' 80-120 mph roll-ons with a near stock busa with the regular bolt on mods. That's where the 10 screams when you get the RPM's right. It also drops less RPM on each shift. The 10's close ratio transmission makes keepin' it up on the band VERY easy. Also makes powershiftin' without the clutch lightnin' quick and almost seemless in feel.
wink.gif

I don't have the skills to launch such a wheelie prone ride so draggin' is pretty much outta the question for me just yet. I'd either bog it and lose badly or loop the damned thing and lose even worse. I'm still workin' on findin' that fine line between skinnin' it back and loftin' the front when twistin' hard on the 10 in it's power band in the low gears. I don't think it will ever 60 foot the busa anyway, but I think the top end of the 1/4 mile could be very interestin' if ya could launch the 10 and stay with the busa until you got the kawi into it's power band.

Of course I'm just bench racin' based on VERY limited seat time on the 10 and my "ass dyno", which we all know is the LEAST accurate way to measure ANYTHING except for how well my pants fit.
laugh.gif

<!--EDIT|BulletTrain
Reason for Edit: None given...|1099167801 -->

wink.gif

i agree bt, i think it's a dead heat now and i think the 05 gsxr1000 will probably surpass the busa next year if the raw numbers are accurate. stop by a suzuki/kawasaki dealer today and saw a handful of zx10 and gixxer1k on the floor. talk to the sales guy a little about bikes and he said there's a rumor kaw will discontinue the zx12 in 2006 due to the identical performance of the more nimble zx10. he also said, the 2006 busa "is very likely" to get major update to stay on top of honda's 2006 v-5 blackbird. of course, we all heard about the "update" thing before so we'll see.

I have riddin with a guy who had the 03, crashed with a cager and now has the 04, loves the 04 but misses some of the crazy torque for stand ups ... 04 smoother and more refined he says, so he dropped a couple teeth on the rear and its all crazy again...
rock.gif

for my nephew yesterday.  he was lucky to find one in silver.  best looking liter imho.  smooth power delivery, very balance and agile.  however, it felt a little cramp and there were alot more pressure on my wrists as appose to the busa.  we checked w/ at least 25 yamaha dealerships in california was only able to locate 3, the silver he got in modesto and 2 red ones in san mateo. the 04 are sold out according to the dealers.
hey Will, whats your location?

Back