ROCKET MAN

On the road to visit my kids for Christmas in the SF Bay Area I saw the original Batmobile (or a copy, I’ve heard they’re more than one) on an open trailer in a driving rainstorm. It looked as real as the one I saw at a car show years ago and as real as any I’ve seen on TV. I was surprised to see it on an open trailer even if it wasn’t raining. The clear targa type roof panels were letting a lot of water inside the cockpit. They were taped to the front windshield panel. Traffic and the rain was so intense I couldn’t take a pic.:confused:

Excuse my lack of knowledge. What does the plenum do?
It’s replaces the air box completely and adds an extra intercooler to cool the air.
Without it going above 240hp can melt your engine.
Funny how going above that can melt your engine but ninja h2 can marginally go above 240 without as much problems.

Keeping it. I want every generation. I'll probably put stock height springs in it, go 2" over stock wheelbase and see if Frank can tune it with one of those small air filters and the turbo exhaust with the canister I never put on. Should be fun with the stock height and shorter wheelbase. This way, I can get back to the cornering which I SO Love and miss instead of having that 1/2" of unworn rubber on each side of the rear tire. It makes me feel like I'm not doin' my Job and it's kinda embarrassing...

That’s why I kept mines at stock wheel base so I can lean her over to edge of rubber.
Granted flick ability has gone to poop
Extra weight of turbo n intercooler at front through the handling way off compared to stock busa.

It’s replaces the air box completely and adds an extra intercooler to cool the air.
Funny how going above that can melt your engine but ninja h2 can marginally go above 240 without as much problems.
Going above 240 hp without an intercooler isn't going to "melt your engine".

Hayabusa is NA from factory. It can handle 260 rwhp with turbo easily. Over that you've to go forged internals. H2 is forged from factory as it is forced induced from factory with a supercharger. That's what makes the difference. Hence h2 can handle that power. And remember when factory says horsepower numbers they're talking about crank HP. Most numbers here are rwhp.

Just to clarify: as far as a "bolt on" turbo kit is concerned, the Gen 1 and Gen 2 are different. With a Gen 1, you can run 8 pounds of boost and make anywhere from 260 -280 rear wheel without going into the motor. The Gen 2 has titanium valves, 20 pound single valve springs, and higher compression. Bolting a turbo onto a stock Gen 2, you are limited to 4 pounds of boost because of the compression and valves and weak valve springs. This will put you at about 220-230 rear wheel . . .

Just to clarify: as far as a "bolt on" turbo kit is concerned, the Gen 1 and Gen 2 are different. With a Gen 1, you can run 8 pounds of boost and make anywhere from 260 -280 rear wheel without going into the motor. The Gen 2 has titanium valves, 20 pound single valve springs, and higher compression. Bolting a turbo onto a stock Gen 2, you are limited to 4 pounds of boost because of the compression and valves and weak valve springs. This will put you at about 220-230 rear wheel . . .

There you have it
That’s more precisely what I meant by can’t run safely above 240 on stock gen 2 @Mr Brown

Going above 240 hp without an intercooler isn't going to "melt your engine".

Oh really lol
If heat builds too much inside ur engine cuz it’s overtuned/too much hp
Expect these results
I’ve learned the hard way there’s no reinventing the wheel certain things are done a certain way for a reason.
Trust in frank and always be upfront about what u want and how your gonna use it

7D3F53D7-6309-440A-88E6-19A4B648B4FB.jpeg

B87D3030-CB59-4CE0-A95B-0D1C500DC296.jpeg

Back