ROCKET MAN

I am so enjoying reading and mulling over all of this helpful edifying chatter here on this forum, fantastic stuff!
Honestly guys, we have so much knowledge and experience acumulated here it is truly great. I get a blast from all the comments, and Six, I wanna see you drifting a Busa in the rain!!
Road Toad, you and I are typical Antipodeans with similar ways of looking at stuff,
quote . . . 'Always thought the A B C modes a gimmick , and that you are probably on the wrong bike if you need modes anyway',
. . . . exactly my view on rider modes also.
Johnnie, you'll be fine, just follow your own path and instinctive leadings when it comes to decisions with your throttle position in any given gear /speed selected. You have a ton of experience, the Busa is a very forgiving bike I've found!
I wanna say thanks to everybody that regularly contributes here, taking the time and energy to do so, always makes my day better ! :thumbsup:

I am so enjoying reading and mulling over all of this helpful edifying chatter here on this forum, fantastic stuff!
Honestly guys, we have so much knowledge and experience acumulated here it is truly great. I get a blast from all the comments, and Six, I wanna see you drifting a Busa in the rain!!
Road Toad, you and I are typical Antipodeans with similar ways of looking at stuff,
quote . . . 'Always thought the A B C modes a gimmick , and that you are probably on the wrong bike if you need modes anyway',
. . . . exactly my view on rider modes also.
Johnnie, you'll be fine, just follow your own path and instinctive leadings when it comes to decisions with your throttle position in any given gear /speed selected. You have a ton of experience, the Busa is a very forgiving bike I've found!
I wanna say thanks to everybody that regularly contributes here, taking the time and energy to do so, always makes my day better ! :thumbsup:

Lol, Kiwi, as you well know, I am the org's official washed up has been...who has to bum a bike just to ride anymore.
However, anyone who wants to loan me a Busa and follow me with a camera, send me a pm and we'll grant Kiwi's request!
Preferably after a rain storm, with wet parking lots, but dry tire tracks on the highway for some better traction.
Otherwise, you'll have to wait for whenever I buy or borrow a bike(and the kicker) AND have somebody to follow and film.
Guaranteed to be good tv, as you'll see the stunts you want...or at least a spectacular crash(I had to be good at something).

Thank You Sir. Nice to hear from ya'. You know, I thought I'd be kind of ecstatic but, I'm not. I don't know what I am. Anxious, Worried, Scared. Maybe a little of each. I had Frank make #1 on the controller a "Bitch Mode" for the Women Folk. Probably only 350 Hp. I haven't ridden in a solid year because of Mom being sick, which means I will be using the Bitch Mode" myself for a little while, just until I Blow the Cobwebs out of my Brain. You know how that crap is. I'm sure just between the suspension, brakes and wheels, I won't know that bike at all. Gonna have to learn everything, stay alert and pay attention. Won't take long.

Don’t forget to dial In the new suspension for your weight/ride style. You can have best suspension in world n if you don’t adjust it you won’t benefit from what it truly can offer

Don’t forget to dial In the new suspension for your weight/ride style. You can have best suspension in world n if you don’t adjust it you won’t benefit from what it truly can offer
Thanks, alot of people dont know that. Even stock bikes, if you get it dialed in right, it's like night and day. I had to give Frank my weight for the front and rear. That will get me in the ball park then, its trial and error.

I've always been curious as to if and how much sag will change by adding BST's.
Add rebound?? As there is suddenly several pounds less on the end of the forks and swingarm.
It's no big deal, and would be easily adjusted, I'de just like to know.
Maybe I'll find out with my next bike.
Where is the Toad?(master of all bike farkles, shiny and light weight)
I bet he knows

Thanks, alot of people dont know that. Even stock bikes, if you get it dialed in right, it's like night and day. I had to give Frank my weight for the front and rear. That will get me in the ball park then, its trial and error.
at 400 hp.... with my current weight.... im always scared that im gonna bottom out the rear shock and blow the tire away at 150mph(at about 70 inches in length).... I get on the highway... downshift to 2nd gear... get in it slowly.... then hold third wide open as long as I can stand it.... let it shift itself... breathtaking stuff man... and frank did ure whole build....sleep well....

at 400 hp.... with my current weight.... im always scared that im gonna bottom out the rear shock and blow the tire away at 150mph(at about 70 inches in length).... I get on the highway... downshift to 2nd gear... get in it slowly.... then hold third wide open as long as I can stand it.... let it shift itself... breathtaking stuff man... and frank did ure whole build....sleep well....

...and you haven't adjusted or changed the rear shock??
Extended bikes are not designed to be great on the street, but you should be able to get it set up to where it handles and you have control.

...and you haven't adjusted or changed the rear shock??
Extended bikes are not designed to be great on the street, but you should be able to get it set up to where it handles and you have control.
its a jri/nlr drag shock.... and yes ive played with it..... it works... but its in my MIND is the point.... it takes a lot of concentration to use the power... and stay IN it... at least for me... i also started experimenting with throwing away the clutch (gen2 multistage) near the end of summer...….. im getting better..... but rocketman will see.... that clutch is amazing.... amazing! 7-8 K from a dig...… and just let go of the lever...…. any higher revs and I might need lighter springs? i dunno… im excited to hear rockets impressions......

Last edited:
My thing was fitted up with BST's , same time with the old Ohlins cartridged / stock fork bodied setup & S46PR1C2LS rear first , and then later the new Ohlins added . I had to have it sprung / setup sag for my weight everytime , with 3 sets in all , and once the sag settings are done , you use the Ohlins rebound and compression recommended settings as a guide and go from there . I found with my 2 sets of FGRT208 fork and 1 of 2 TTX36 shock , that my spring preload is backed right off for correct sag , and for great street ride . I cannot say what a BST wheel swap with an Ohlins equipped Busa entails , but could find out / experiment with next Busa !! @Rocketmn has a lot of enjoyment ahead , dialing it all in and getting to know his new monster powered ride . Be sure to watch Dave Moss tutorials on youtube for his masterful knowledge , recommended by @omc1984 , a real guru suspension Busa org. member to me also .

I may have to talk to you about this at a later time. I've never adjusted anything except stock bikes with stock wheels. I NEVER even thought about how the bst's are gonna affect the suspension. Man, I'm going to have my hands full..I heard the master cylinders are adjustable also. Dont know if that's true though..

I may have to talk to you about this at a later time. I've never adjusted anything except stock bikes with stock wheels. I NEVER even thought about how the bst's are gonna affect the suspension. Man, I'm going to have my hands full..I heard the master cylinders are adjustable also. Dont know if that's true though..

It's all the same priciple, and they all adjust the same.
It's just that the BST's not only help as rotating unsprung weight, but as less weight on the end of the forks, so less stress on the internals, and they can function a little faster too..
Just set the sag as you normally would, go riding, and stop and adjust as needed.
From that point, I can only imagine how well it will handle.

It's gonna be a fun learning curve!

Don't you just love it when a bike like this one pulls up next to you at a stop light? . . . .:race:
IMG_0283.JPG

this is about as "stealth" as my bikes can get sometimes . . . :banana:

Back