Robots that kill

NIGHTFLIGHT

Banned
think in the near to short term fUture we are not going to see big, expensive, easy to kill machines -- full of Marines. That's stupid.

The future is small killbots programmed to fly, crawl, swim, burrow, or walk to their targets. They will range in size from cat size to insects. Payloads will vary.

- Missile defense multiple kill vehicle hover test[/url]

Last edited by a moderator:
This Is a bad thing ???

I mean killing is a bad thing or having people that need killing is a bad thing but you think using a robot instead of sending a person is a bad thing???

I use to carpool with one of the top 5 scientists in the country on AI when I worked at Northrop back in the 80's & 90's. The things he told me then scared the heck out of me, I can only imagine what they have developed now 20 yrs. later. Can anyone say SKYNET?

:hide:

Well we already use the drones.I guess bad think with that a drone has no emotions or able to think on its own like wait dont bomb theres kids ect.Wow check this bad boy out

How about 100 rounds in less 2 seconds?

Last edited by a moderator:
All still need someone to fly them and tell them what to do.
When they finally do become self aware then Skynet will be online and the day of the machines will be upon us .

We already has ROVs as small as dragonflies .
You would not notice it twenty feet away yet they capture in full HD .

I use to carpool with one of the top 5 scientists in the country on AI when I worked at Northrop back in the 80's & 90's. The things he told me then scared the heck out of me, I can only imagine what they have developed now 20 yrs. later. Can anyone say SKYNET?

:hide:

“We already have the means to travel among the stars, but these technologies are locked up in black projects and it would take an act of God to ever get them out to benefit humanity….. anything you can imagine we already know how to do.â€￾

Ben Rich, former Head of the Lockheed Skunk Works

All still need someone to fly them and tell them what to do.
When they finally do become self aware then Skynet will be online and the day of the machines will be upon us .

We already has ROVs as small as dragonflies .
You would not notice it twenty feet away yet they capture in full HD .

Actually there are completely autonomous drones that are in production right now. They are due for duty beginning 2012 if memory serves correctly.

Currently, there are drones that are capable of autonomous take off, landing, and even surveillance or "bombing" given only GPS coordinates from a ground based operator. That is, no actual piloting of said drone. Interesting note, some of these ground based operators are here in the US (CONUS) and designating targets in Iraq, Afghanistan, and elsewhere.

Last edited:
Something to ponder.

One deterrent to waging war is always the human cost and suffering. The saying "war is hell" comes to mind.

It seems like these machines will lessen the "human suffering". I wonder if that will in turn make war easier to wage?

Hmmm,
Chris

9 yr old thread...not too bad...

Robot.png

Back