Roaringtoyz 330 swingarm issues

Juan Ortiz

Registered
Has anyone running 330 osd arm have issues with chain hitting bottom of the swingarm while driving,I double checked everything,I tested it with a lil slack in chain and also tried it with it tightened up and still same,rear tire and chain is alighned properly..any suggestions at this point will help,this project has been nothing but a headache
20180621_064523.jpg
20180623_103750.jpg
20180623_103717.jpg

20180623_105617.jpg

How low is the bike and how much + over on the swingarm? Wonder if the bike is too low or if you should have opted for a longer swingarm. Regardless, if that is a complete RT OSD kit, it should not have any issues.

Bike is on airride I've tried riding high and low and no difference,I'm about 6+ over if I'm not mistaken it sits rite under tail perfectly,I wonder if I'm the only one with this issue

I don’t know crap about fat tire kits, but would smaller than OEM sprockets cause the issue?

My 12+ over 330 OSD kit does not have this issue. I looked underneath to see if the chain could hit where your kit is hitting and what I found is the chain rides much further away from the bracket you show. I would have guessed the rear wheel spacers may be wrong, but from your photos, the spacers appear to be good. Do you think the swing arm is moving laterally when cornering or flexing when cornering? I don't do much cornering. My chain will hit the lower plastic chain guide plate, but that's what it's there for.

My 12+ over 330 OSD kit does not have this issue. I looked underneath to see if the chain could hit where your kit is hitting and what I found is the chain rides much further away from the bracket you show. I would have guessed the rear wheel spacers may be wrong, but from your photos, the spacers appear to be good. Do you think the swing arm is moving laterally when cornering or flexing when cornering? I don't do much cornering. My chain will hit the lower plastic chain guide plate, but that's what it's there for.
I think it was a error on how it was made my guess is becuase my arm is short causing the under bracing to hit chain,If it were longer the bracing is further away from the chain

If it was a manufacture defect, shouldn't Roaring Toys do something about it? Someone usually answers the phone there, so you should get a hold of someone.

I think it was a error on how it was made my guess is becuase my arm is short causing the under bracing to hit chain,If it were longer the bracing is further away from the chain
Yes it looks to be a manufacture defect. We have been building these for over 10 years and this looks to be a mistake. If you give us a call at 941-953-4423 we can get it corrected for you. Phone calls can usually solve a problem better than a forum. Will be waiting for your call

Back