Roanoke area members?

Fastfrog007

Donating Member
Registered
Looks like ill be staying overnight in the Roanoke area, give or take 50miles, this Saturday, 4/14. I've still gotta make reservations at a Choice hotel in the area, got a discount courtesy of ResidentEvil.
Anyway, are there any areas to avoid and anyone wanna grab dinner with a Frog while I'm in town? I should be gettin there sometime in the evening, depending on traffic and such on the ride down.

Smellphone via Forum Runner

Man I wish I was going to be around. I am going to Charlotte for the NHRA event this weekend. You are talking about VA right? :laugh: How long will you be in town? I will be back Monday eve. I am about 60 miles from there and will be there tomorrow and Friday at the pool room

mr8ball said:
Man I wish I was going to be around. I am going to Charlotte for the NHRA event this weekend. You are talking about VA right? :laugh: How long will you be in town? I will be back Monday eve. I am about 60 miles from there and will be there tomorrow and Friday at the pool room

:banghead:
Only Saturday night on my way to the bash, and likely the following Sunday 4/22 on my way home. Silly NHRA, don't they know how important I am? :laugh:

It does get real bad in that area from 4 until about 7 but Sat might not be to bad. There are a few good places to stay right off 581 South if that is the way you are heading and watch for back up around Elm Ave. it can get pretty bad at times as well

:banghead:
Only Saturday night on my way to the bash, and likely the following Sunday 4/22 on my way home. Silly NHRA, don't they know how important I am? :laugh:

Yea I know :laugh: Hey have you checked coming back through Lynchburg? I know the roads are better the 220. 29 South runs through LB to Greensboro NC. We can get together then if you have time. Have a safe trip

Its at least 3 of us here, 06+5busa, Sixpack77 and I are with in 25 miles of each other and all right off 29

Looks like ill be staying overnight in the Roanoke area, give or take 50miles, this Saturday, 4/14. I've still gotta make reservations at a Choice hotel in the area, got a discount courtesy of ResidentEvil.
Anyway, are there any areas to avoid and anyone wanna grab dinner with a Frog while I'm in town? I should be gettin there sometime in the evening, depending on traffic and such on the ride down.

If you can get here a little early. Blue Ridge Bike Fest is this weekend at the Roanoke Civic Center. There should be a few rooms out at the Airport or nearby. If not check in the Salem area just outside of Roanoke.

I'm going to need you to run by my house and fix a few things, since you're going to be visiting Virginia and all :poke:

Don't know which way you are coming from N.Y., but if your taking 95 there is a free room and beer in Fredericksburg :beerchug:

Its at least 3 of us here, 06+5busa, Sixpack77 and I are with in 25 miles of each other and all right off 29

Yeah Frog, I'm 45 minutes from Roanoke.
Some great riding on the Blue Ridge Parkway.
What time you coming through?
Riding the bike, or trailering?
Gonna be lots of bikes in town for the bike show...and lots of cops.

sixpack577 said:
Yeah Frog, I'm 45 minutes from Roanoke.
Some great riding on the Blue Ridge Parkway.
What time you coming through?
Riding the bike, or trailering?
Gonna be lots of bikes in town for the bike show...and lots of cops.

I'll be riding, should be arriving around 7. I've got a room booked in Christianburg for the night.

I'll be riding, should be arriving around 7. I've got a room booked in Christianburg for the night.

Christiansburg is about 2 hrs from me, and I have alot going on saturday.
I won't have time to ride that far.
I hope you have warm gear.:laugh:
Maybe on your way back through next week.:beerchug:

sixpack577 said:
Christiansburg is about 2 hrs from me, and I have alot going on saturday.
I won't have time to ride that far.
I hope you have warm gear.:laugh:
Maybe on your way back through next week.:beerchug:

Should be back through the following Sunday, maybe try and find a room closer to the 3 of ya so I can say Hi. :thumbsup:

Dayum Froggy.... Im about 50 mins south of roanoke. Are you going to be coming down 220? If so you will riding right thru my home town... Don't blink you might miss it..:laugh:.. To bad Im not there... Maybe something will be going on in July... Have a safe trip!!

Dayum Froggy.... Im about 50 mins south of roanoke. Are you going to be coming down 220? If so you will riding right thru my home town... Don't blink you might miss it..:laugh:.. To bad Im not there... Maybe something will be going on in July... Have a safe trip!!

Im rockin I81 from Binghamton all the way to Maryville TN. Do you still have family in the area? Maybe I can speak with them and get some insight on you:laugh:

Yes... All of my family is right in that general area...:laugh:... Let me know if you are going to stop by so I can let them know to give you a proper welcome !!!:laugh:

Back