ROADTOAD's new ride

Keeping the stock footpegs? Was just curious if not what your choice of replacement peg would be.
Well , there are some nice sets made , Sato , Over Racing , Agras plus many more , but I want the option of standard peg height , and they all mostly only offer an increase to the height of the peg . I went with Gilles , they are suited to my quick shift choice as well .

Yes sarge , that would be it . I think it was necessary in looks for the stock huge mufflers , and it will have certainly been designed to be a part of the aerodynamic package . Now , the twin system aero is delete , I guess it wouldn't matter much if I keep it or not .
I know lots of people take them off the Busa so it would make sense on the ZX as well...

Have you got a chance to check out the traction control yet?
Yes , I can turn it off and the bike will remember that next time you start it . I just took it for a quick spin , and man , this thing feels like it is making some serious power , it is bordering on savage in 3rd gear throttle response , it feels like another notch up the power chain compared to the Busa on my first fresh impression .

Yes , I can turn it off and the bike will remember that next time you start it . I just took it for a quick spin , and man , this thing feels like it is making some serious power , it is bordering on savage in 3rd gear throttle response , it feels like another notch up the power chain compared to the Busa on my first fresh impression .
Yeah, I like that it's defeatable. Your impression is in line with mine. It's not a quantum leap forward from the Busa, but it's a noticable increase in power. Maybe less so from your lightweight machine, but stock for stock the difference is clear.

Yeah, I like that it's defeatable. Your impression is in line with mine. It's not a quantum leap forward from the Busa, but it's a noticable increase in power. Maybe less so from your lightweight machine, but stock for stock the difference is clear.
Yes motor wise there is a difference , the L2 Busa motor feels like it is , a very torque laden tractable power spread gem of a motor , and feels most like a lightweight racer of the 2 bikes . It makes power all the time , and increases that power predictably the more rpms you use , then comes on cam for the big power rush to redline .
The ZX14R also builds power predictably , but just has more of it as well as torque . The Kawasaki seems to leap forward on any throttle input , and crazy fun in 2nd and 3rd around town , I let it run through 3rd gear and it just ate rpms with effortless ease . It is like a fast revving big block torque monster , and I love its now , even more improved lightweight rolling feel . Going to give it a bit of a test soon , and get those tires all scrubbed in .

Yes motor wise there is a difference , the L2 Busa motor feels like it is , a very torque laden tractable power spread gem of a motor , and feels most like a lightweight racer of the 2 bikes . It makes power all the time , and increases that power predictably the more rpms you use , then comes on cam for the big power rush to redline .
The ZX14R also builds power predictably , but just has more of it as well as torque . The Kawasaki seems to leap forward on any throttle input , and crazy fun in 2nd and 3rd around town , I let it run through 3rd gear and it just ate rpms with effortless ease . It is like a fast revving big block torque monster , and I love its now , even more improved lightweight rolling feel . Going to give it a bit of a test soon , and get those tires all scrubbed in .
I can see it moving into the bed room and the Busa into the guest room before long.

You two want to get a room over on the Kawi forum? lol!
Have you ridden one? You really should. While your German masterpiece is awaiting repair. It ain't my fault you picked the wrong side piece.... :poke:
In all honesty I think if you ride one, you'd see what we're saying. Kaw made it in direct response to the Gen 2 busa, and they did a good job. It's better, as the Gen 2 busa was better than the first gen 14.

One of my buddies had one and they are no joke! Not sure what year his was (maybe a 2010) but it was very strong and comfy. Also love the brakes. I really wish I could ride Road's bike to feel the upgrades, I bet that a spectacular ride!

I wouldn't compare the ZX14 to the BMW in any way. I think the Busa and ZX14 are rightly competitors, at least they were until Suzi through in the towel. The BMW is the most dynamic bike in a much lower performance class.

Funny I looked at the Connie and even talked the dealer into letting me borrow it for a couple hours. I do love that bike but felt it was dated and Kawasaki was sort of backing off on the support for the platform. I think Kawi had already set their product strategies to the H2 and the H2 SX. Anyway it's still a great bike and when I think of the price and all the garage fun I could have had with it, well not sure I would have a BMW now!

I don't see another Hyper bike for me, even if the ZX14 is amazing. The journey I have had with the Busa it's more like a Horse to me than a machine. I still might look at a Connie though.

PS: We are getting into threadjacking territory though, back to RoadToad's latest missile!

Back