ROADTOAD's new ride

DAnG!!! over a quarter pound ......... of FOAM! I still have all mine in on the busa. Makes the side panels feel nice and snug when I put them on I guess but I don't think it does much else. Maybe dampen fairing vibration? I never have lost a fairing screw on the busa but I still think they'd all be fine without the foam.
I’m running aftermarket fairings with NO foam and minimal heat shielding. . . Doesn’t appear to make a scrap of difference, been on for 2 years 24,000kms, still good to go!

While you're at it, take that frame rail off the LH side. Figure out some P-clips to attach the wire harnesses to, go with an aftermarket clutch line....there's another pound. I have had my LH side rail off for about 4 years and no trouble whatsoever. ;) I turned the battery box rear bolt hole for the rail into an electrical ground. There's how-to threads for all this stuff over at ninjaforums.
You my friend are obsessed as @michael parris heuberger , @c10 about extreme weight loss !! Me though , I may get the bug with this bike too , I am not there yet though , but will store your info anyway !! :D

Okay , the 14R is back together and ready to ride . I haven't installed the clutch kit yet , and a set of rearsets is due to arrive next week , but basically this is it for awhile . I will get out for a ride as soon as I can , and dial in the forks .

Hahahah , not yet bro , I got a tail tidy the first week I got this bike , but I can't be seem to find the energy to install it , maybe this weekend .
I think it looks stealth from the law , because it certainly is pretty loud from the pipe , pc5 and ecu flash ... looking forward to a visit to the dyno in the coming weeks .
Im a little excited to see numbers this kaw has, I'm sure I've seen it somewhere but what were the numbers on that beautiful busa of yours toad??

Im a little excited to see numbers this kaw has, I'm sure I've seen it somewhere but what were the numbers on that beautiful busa of yours toad??
It was dyno'd only once when pipe and pc5 with generic Brocks map 183bhp and 105ftlb . Since then it has had a great ecu flash so now de restricted etc. , it has some little things to hopefully add a bit as well . I honestly have been meaning to get it to a mates dyno , and I think now both of my machines will be visiting , when my mate gets back from NZ holiday in around 4 weeks .

Okay , the 14R is back together and ready to ride . I haven't installed the clutch kit yet , and a set of rearsets is due to arrive next week , but basically this is it for awhile . I will get out for a ride as soon as I can , and dial in the forks . View attachment 1607725

View attachment 1607726

View attachment 1607727

View attachment 1607728

View attachment 1607729

View attachment 1607730
NICE! Makes me kind of sorry I didn't keep my ZX14 along with my busa...

That is looking amazing. Can't wait to hear a RoadToad ride report. I really love the Brocks, looks sharp. Ohlins too! Those BSTs really lighten the look too, pretty sharp. I look at this bike and I think that's what the Busa should have been had Suzuki given a dam!

PS: Worte this a day ago and forgot to hit send! Getting old is a B!

The belly pan is a quick item to remove and the heavy bracket can come off too. I kept the belly pan on the 14 a long time but now that it's gone I prefer how it looks without. This also makes chain cleaning easier.
Before I put it back on yesterday , I was looking at how nice it looked without it , but put it on anyway for now at least .

Back