Road Trip!

Kento-Moto

Hayabusa Immortal
Donating Member
Registered
Hey gang,
I am headed out on friday the 15th for 2 wks on the road king ( kinda wish it was the busa ... )

I will leave Chico, Calif on sept 15 head up towards Oregon Columbia Gorge then on to hook up with my buddy's in Coeur D' Alene Idaho.

We plan to do Glacier then meander down thru Utah, see Arches, Moab, Canyon lands ...

Any thoughts? suggestions ...? anyone, ... Bueller?

I'm not familiar with the area at all but have fun and as you know, pics are a requirement

--Wag--

I've been all over those roads many times.  From Chico I would head towards Ontario OR at the Idaho border instead of straight up to the Columbia.  From there cross into ID and head SE for a few miles on 52 to 55 north.  Beautiful ride.  Above Meadows, you'll run into 95 north to Grangeville or take the old White Bird route (windy and old) to Grangeville.  Now, road 13, to Kooskia is OK but for the most scenic route I'd run up 95 a few more (fast) miles to Lewiston in order to take in as much of hiway 12 east to MT as possible.  For well over a hundred miles you ride along a river's edge on one side or the other on your way to the Lolo Pass.

From Lolo ride thru Missoula and take the I-90 slab for a couple miles to the 200 cutoff and ride that to 83 north.  Waaaay better and less traveled than 93 towards Flathead.  Once north of Flathead most any northern road will take you to Kalispell or Columbia Falls on the way to West Glacier.  The GTTSR is a great, if slow ride across the park and the road around the souther tip and north on the east side is well worth the ride as well.  Ride all the way to Canada north of Babb for pics and some very fast straightaways..  Great Huckleberry shakes at some little place just north of the eastern park's entrance, whose name I can't remember. Just past the last gas station on the left on the way to Canada.  Have fun!  Bring warm clothes.

IMG011__Small_.JPG

(Wag @ Sep. 08 2006,08:43) I'm not familiar with the area at all but have fun and as you know, pics are a requirement

--Wag--
Pics - video ... :42:

(CBXRider @ Sep. 08 2006,09:24) I've been all over those roads many times.  From Chico I would head towards Ontario OR at the Idaho border instead of straight up to the Columbia.  From there cross into ID and head SE for a few miles on 52 to 55 north.  Beautiful ride.  Above Meadows, you'll run into 95 north to Grangeville or take the old White Bird route (windy and old) to Grangeville.  Now, road 13, to Kooskia is OK but for the most scenic route I'd run up 95 a few more (fast) miles to Lewiston in order to take in as much of hiway 12 east to MT as possible.  For well over a hundred miles you ride along a river's edge on one side or the other on your way to the Lolo Pass.

From Lolo ride thru Missoula and take the I-90 slab for a couple miles to the 200 cutoff and ride that to 83 north.  Waaaay better and less traveled than 93 towards Flathead.  Once north of Flathead most any northern road will take you to Kalispell or Columbia Falls on the way to West Glacier.  The GTTSR is a great, if slow ride across the park and the road around the souther tip and north on the east side is well worth the ride as well.  Ride all the way to Canada north of Babb for pics and some very fast straightaways..  Great Huckleberry shakes at some little place just north of the eastern park's entrance, whose name I can't remember. Just past the last gas station on the left on the way to Canada.  Have fun!  Bring warm clothes.

Thanx Terry, What route or hwy from nor cal to Ontario, Or. ? I was gonna go thru Klamath Falls & Bend on 97 ...

"Thanx Terry, What route or hwy from nor cal to Ontario, Or. ? I was gonna go thru Klamath Falls & Bend on 97"

I take 299 east from Redding, from Chico you can ride 32 to 89 and cruise thru Lassen then continue north on 44 out of Lassen to 89 north to 299 east up to Alturas then 395 north into OR past Goose Lake and Burns. Eventually turn east and head into Ontario. Lots of fast sections out there but no tight corners...until Idaho!!!

if you are doing UTAH you must do bryce canyon and Zion National Park. Great scenary....great roads. I was there on vacation earlier in the year and all I kept saying was "I wish I had the busa...I wish I had the busa"

Leaving friday and the weather looks bad up north, ( Glacier ... ) probly gonna head for Nevada for starters and the Utah ... Pics will abound when I return.
biggrin.gif

Be safe out there Kent and dont forget to take plenty of photos.

Keep your knees in the breeze partna !!!

Back